Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
KimWerner
Post subject: LCVP Mk. 5 and Oerlikon/BARC GAM-B01 20 mm gunPosted: January 28th, 2011, 10:44 pm
When I was drawing HMS Bulwark (Albion LPD Class) I ran into a couple of difficulties with especially two parts:
The first one was the LCVP's. HMS Bulwark has LCVP Mk. 5 in her davits, but in the equipment parts sheet the LCVP Mk. V looks wrong! I had to made my own drawing, which I suggest replace LCVP Mk. V (I reccon "V" stands for 5).
The second was the lack of an Oerlikon/BARC GAM-B01 20 mm gun in the Gun CIWS parts sheet. I saw that others before me had used OTO Melara instead, but I didn't think it was good enough. Therefore I've drawed that too :)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: LCVP Mk. 5 and Oerlikon/BARC GAM-B01 20 mm gunPosted: January 29th, 2011, 2:41 pm
on this sheet http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... 329mjk.png there is an LCVP mk4(NL). that is an modified version of the british MK5. please modify it from that one, as yours looks as bad as the original one (no offense, you've done a good try, but the standards are high :D ) btw, I will add this new gun to the small guns parts sheet.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: LCVP Mk. 5 and Oerlikon/BARC GAM-B01 20 mm gunPosted: January 29th, 2011, 10:38 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
on this sheet http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... 329mjk.png there is an LCVP mk4(NL). that is an modified version of the british MK5. please modify it from that one, as yours looks as bad as the original one (no offense, you've done a good try, but the standards are high :D ) btw, I will add this new gun to the small guns parts sheet.
After several studies of photos of Mk. 5 and Mk. 4, I observed to many differences to just accept a modification of Mk. 4. To example is the wheelhouse and the landing ramp different and the Mk. 5 is propelled by water-jets.
I've found some details I've corrected and also improved the colours. When I now compare the two LCVP's to photos of LCVP Mk. 5 hanging in davits on Ocean Class and Albion Class, I think my (corrected) drawing is more simular to the real, than a modified Mk. 4. :)
I will hope you will agree.

P.S. I've put the Mk. 4 beneath Mk. 5 for comparison.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: LCVP Mk. 5 and Oerlikon/BARC GAM-B01 20 mm gunPosted: January 30th, 2011, 9:24 am
the mk4 is propelled by waterjet's as well, and on the pictures I posted above the wheelhouse looked more similar then you have drawn it. also, the truth is just that the dutch mk4 is build after the british mk5, so the hull design should be more or less the same. everything above could be different, indeed, but yours still looks wrong IMO

EDIT: most likely found the problem...... the dutch one is drawn wrong in sb too..... I will fix soon, if you have time to wait I can maybe do the british one as well.......

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: LCVP Mk. 5 and Oerlikon/BARC GAM-B01 20 mm gunPosted: January 30th, 2011, 10:19 am
acelanceloet wrote:
the mk4 is propelled by waterjet's as well, and on the pictures I posted above the wheelhouse looked more similar then you have drawn it. also, the truth is just that the dutch mk4 is build after the british mk5, so the hull design should be more or less the same. everything above could be different, indeed, but yours still looks wrong IMO

EDIT: most likely found the problem...... the dutch one is drawn wrong in sb too..... I will fix soon, if you have time to wait I can maybe do the british one as well.......
:D Ok, but I still think my proportions are better. The placement of the wheelhouse, windows and the water-jets and the angle of the landing ramp. I've really made a tough job in measure out the right dimensions! Plus I've got the rails astern with lifebuoy.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: LCVP Mk. 5 and Oerlikon/BARC GAM-B01 20 mm gunPosted: January 30th, 2011, 10:23 am
might be. as said, I see mistakes in the dutch one. that means that maybe your proportions are better, but the dutch one is better drawn..... so I will even things up a bit :D

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: LCVP Mk. 5 and Oerlikon/BARC GAM-B01 20 mm gunPosted: January 30th, 2011, 12:24 pm
:D Ok, I'll wait, but meanwhile I'll post my HMS Bulwark (with these "unauthorised" LCVP's) with other corrections in the real designs beginner forum.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: LCVP Mk. 5 and Oerlikon/BARC GAM-B01 20 mm gunPosted: January 30th, 2011, 12:31 pm
that is ok, as long as you change it when I have fixed it.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: LCVP Mk. 5 and Oerlikon/BARC GAM-B01 20 mm gunPosted: January 30th, 2011, 1:01 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
that is ok, as long as you change it when I have fixed it.
Of course ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: LCVP Mk. 5 and Oerlikon/BARC GAM-B01 20 mm gunPosted: January 30th, 2011, 5:10 pm
I think this is how it should be, but you'll have to detail it yourself (the antenna's on the bridge and the mooring gear on the bow and stern, mostly) as I have to go now. I left the camo out so different versions could be made easier, so you'll have to add that yourself too.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: