Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
Zeck180
Post subject: Additional Modern LifeboatsPosted: May 27th, 2016, 11:27 pm
Seeing the lack of other modern lifeboats being used on todays "mega" cruise ships, I have started to draw up some of these so called "mega" lifeboats that are being used.

[ img ]
The Above is used by Oasis class and is called a CW55 mega lifeboat, I don't know the name of the lifeboat used by the Quantum class.

Additional: Found a site of the place where they manufacture them(its in German though): http://kreuzfahrten-mehr.de/kreuzfahrt- ... berne.html

Last edited by Zeck180 on May 28th, 2016, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Additional Modern LifeboatsPosted: May 28th, 2016, 1:10 am
Those are Fassmer lifeboats.

The accuracy on the drawings could have been better, but at so small scale, it can be hard to get it just right.

[ img ]
[ img ]

[ img ]

And this is why I do not like those designs, yes they might be good for transport of passenger between boat and land and yes they might be lightweight.... but, when the front just get destroyd when they are lifting it up...:
[ img ]

It's weird on a forum like this, that none have drawn lifeboats from other companies. I started with the Norwegian NorSafe (bellow) and hoped other people would follow up with something from there country.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Zeck180
Post subject: Re: Additional Modern LifeboatsPosted: May 28th, 2016, 1:28 am
heuhen wrote:
Those are Fassmer lifeboats.

The accuracy on the drawings could have been better, but at so small scale, it can be hard to get it just right.
Quite true, I did re-do most of it as it didn't look quite right, but then again I didn't find a strait view of the side so I had to embellish a bit.

heuhen wrote:
It's weird on a forum like this, that none have drawn lifeboats from other companies. I started with the Norwegian NorSafe (bellow) and hoped other people would follow up with something from there country.
Yours where the only ones I could find for my "mega" cruise ships and after trying those on, it simply looked ridiculous, even after editing them to be bigger.

The interesting fact I found out about these is that according to international law lifeboat capacities aren't supposed to exceed 150.

The SOLAS regulation on Life Saving Equipment (LSA) code 4.4.3.1 Mega Lifeboatstates: “No lifeboat shall be approved to accommodate more than 150 persons.”

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Additional Modern LifeboatsPosted: May 28th, 2016, 4:42 am
Zeck180 wrote:
The interesting fact I found out about these is that according to international law lifeboat capacities aren't supposed to exceed 150.

The SOLAS regulation on Life Saving Equipment (LSA) code 4.4.3.1 Mega Lifeboatstates: “No lifeboat shall be approved to accommodate more than 150 persons.”
to much in one basket.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Additional Modern LifeboatsPosted: May 28th, 2016, 5:09 am
That boat did not die from "just being lifted." It died from being lifted and launched again and again, exposed to heavy loads and quite probably from being manhandled in the yard as well. That kind of thing will kill anything in time

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion”

Jump to: