Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
KimWerner
Post subject: BvS 10 Viking for the Royal Marines UKPosted: February 9th, 2011, 7:09 pm
I've drawed BvS 10 Viking tracked armoured double vehichle used by the Royal Marines (UK).

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: BvS 10 Viking for the Royal Marines UKPosted: February 9th, 2011, 7:10 pm
uhm... it is already drawn, and this one is REALLY nonstandard.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: BvS 10 Viking for the Royal Marines UKPosted: February 9th, 2011, 7:20 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
uhm... it is already drawn, and this one is REALLY nonstandard.
Thanks a lot :( I've asked if anyone had drawn the vehicles for Royal Marines - I know you told me of Bv 206, which the UK marines not uses - but I get no response! I've looked all over in parts sheets discussion with no result. Then it's nice - when I've drawed the vehicle - to know it is out there some place :(

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: BvS 10 Viking for the Royal Marines UKPosted: February 9th, 2011, 7:25 pm
wait.... this vehicle looked a lot like the bv 206.... isn't it the same under a different name? if not, it is my mistake..... but still, the track (as all outlines) should be outlined in black, and the doors need to be dark green instead of grey, so they look not as crude as this one... if you do that, this might look really good

EDIT: indeed, this is an larger and upgraded version of the bv 206.... my mistake on that.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: BvS 10 Viking for the Royal Marines UKPosted: February 9th, 2011, 7:33 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
wait.... this vehicle looked a lot like the bv 206.... isn't it the same under a different name? if not, it is my mistake..... but still, the track (as all outlines) should be outlined in black, and the doors need to be dark green instead of grey, so they look not as crude as this one... if you do that, this might look really good
:D OK. The BvS 10 isn't the same as Bv 206 but in same family and newer. It is also manufactured by Hägglunds. Btw I recall that the Royal Dutch Marines are buying it to replace some of their Bv 206's.
I agree with you, that the doors are crude, so I'll fix that. Originally I draw the tracks black, but then you should have a good imagination to guess it is a tracked vehicled. But of course, if the regulations aren't allowing compromises, I'll have to make them black ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: BvS 10 Viking for the Royal Marines UKPosted: February 9th, 2011, 7:36 pm
look at the dutch parts sheet topic, the bv 206 is on it, you can see how it is drawn. and sorry my mistake about the names.....
well, I am looking forward to seeing the updated one, and if the dutch marines are really buying some (I haven't heard of it, but well.... ) I will add it to the dutch parts sheet of course :D

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: BvS 10 Viking for the Royal Marines UKPosted: February 9th, 2011, 9:29 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
look at the dutch parts sheet topic, the bv 206 is on it, you can see how it is drawn. and sorry my mistake about the names.....
well, I am looking forward to seeing the updated one, and if the dutch marines are really buying some (I haven't heard of it, but well.... ) I will add it to the dutch parts sheet of course :D
Here it is with improved colours. If/when Holland gets them I reckon the camo will become slightly different :D

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: BvS 10 Viking for the Royal Marines UKPosted: February 10th, 2011, 5:02 pm
I have checked some sources.... it is indeed in use in the dutch marine corps. I guess I have to add them to to the sheet :D

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: BvS 10 Viking for the Royal Marines UKPosted: February 10th, 2011, 5:20 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
I have checked some sources.... it is indeed in use in the dutch marine corps. I guess I have to add them to to the sheet :D
At the Naval days, you can drive with them up and on the hills!

[Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: BvS 10 Viking for the Royal Marines UKPosted: February 10th, 2011, 6:19 pm
While I was recently sitting in the hospital, I found a magazine for outdoor shooters (presumably from one of the consultants :lol: ) Amongst the Remingtons and other goodies were ad's for shooting vehicles; and Lordy Be, there was an add for reconditioned BvS10's; presumbly no longer wanted in the MoD. So for less than ten grand stirling I could buy myself one of these. Um.... I wonder how they decide they don't want them any more?

BTW, also what looked like Austrian or German Steyr Puch all terrain vehicles at less cost ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: