Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
Midnightnova
Post subject: AN/SPS-49 with Planar AntennaPosted: February 19th, 2011, 12:49 am
Evaluated on CG-55 Leyte Gulf in the late 80's, but not put into service.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: AN/SPS-49 with Planar AntennaPosted: February 19th, 2011, 7:46 pm
Do you know if this is in fact the planar antenna that was tested on Leyte Gulf? I know you sketched it up from that picture of a model in World Naval Weapons Systems.

[Profile] [Quote]
Midnightnova
Post subject: Re: AN/SPS-49 with Planar AntennaPosted: February 19th, 2011, 9:38 pm
Regretably no, I cannot be 100% sure. TimothyC and I spent a lot of time looking for actual shots of the antenna during testing, but all of the photos we could find showed CG-55 either before or after the test.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: AN/SPS-49 with Planar AntennaPosted: February 19th, 2011, 11:10 pm
I have too, believe me. I was wondering if you'd found something I haven't. Either way, at Shipbucket scale they'd be similar enough I would think.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion”

Jump to: