[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some Soviet/Russian ShipsPosted: November 25th, 2014, 4:22 pm
Nice sources, anyone for doing them?

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Some Soviet/Russian ShipsPosted: November 25th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Hello

Bezobrazov once told me he would just love to do Rurik I, Gromobij and Rossija, and I considered them claimed. Otherwise, I might already have done them.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Some Soviet/Russian ShipsPosted: November 27th, 2014, 5:54 am
Dear GD, considering where I stand in life, I cannot with any fairness claim any of these lovely ships anymore, though my heart is breaking at the thought of not being able to draw them. But being a new twin dad is far more taxing than I ever could have imagined; having one of them in a fragile situation, well, that's a really bad, bad dream.
Your work sofar is incredible to put it very mildly, and I'd be deeply honored if you would like to take them on. Please feel free to consult me, if at any times you have questions. The versions of the ships I had in mind were:

Rossiya as of 1896/97 black hull, white upperworks, yellow funnels as flagship of the Baltic Fleet's Cruiser Brigade; 1900-04 white hull, white upperworks, yellow funnels as Flagship of the Pacific Fleet's Cruiser Brigade and 1904-05 olive drab (dark green) camouflage overall, reduced rig (shortened foremast and mizzen, tall pole radiomast on mainmast, equipment for three balloons on quarter deck as fleet flagship ofthe Independent 1st Cruiser Brigade of the Pacific Fleet (later designated 1st Pacific Squadron)

Gromoboy as of 1900-02, during her circum navigation of the Pacific (visits in Australia and Japan!) overall white with yellow funnels; 1904-05 olive drab overall and reduced rig (similar to Rossiya's).

Rurik as of 1892 black hull, white upperworks and yellow funnels, full ship's rig with sails, Baltic Fleet; 1896-99 same camo but greatly reduced rig (yards reduced; no sails); 1900-1904 white overall with yellow funnels, Pacific Fleet and Indian Ocean; 1904 olive drab, reconstructed with, again reduced rigging.

Will you do these versions, I'd be very, very happy!

(On a personal note, the woman who was to become my wife and mother of my two sons, brought me during our first Christmas together, three Combrig models, namely those three cruisers! To this date I've built the Rossiya as in her original outfit, but plan (!) to eventually build the remaining two! Talk about wooing me perfectly! 8-) :) )

[Profile] [Quote]
GRISHA-II
Post subject: Re: Some Soviet/Russian ShipsPosted: November 28th, 2014, 11:13 am
GRISHA-II wrote:
Russian battleship "Navarin"
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
GRISHA-II
Post subject: Re: Some Soviet/Russian ShipsPosted: November 28th, 2014, 11:15 am
GRISHA-II wrote:
GRISHA-II wrote:
Russian battleship "Navarin"
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Some Soviet/Russian ShipsPosted: November 28th, 2014, 12:32 pm
Very nice 8-) I'm tempted to draw some of them unless you are ?

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Some Soviet/Russian ShipsPosted: November 28th, 2014, 9:25 pm
Well, I'd prefer GD to take over the project from me. He definitely has the required skills to do these beautiful vessels all the justice (that is, if you're referring to the ACRs...) Nothing will stop you from doing it. However, JSB, have you researched them as thoroughly as I have, or, I sense, GD also have? Let me put it this way: these drawings, although beautifully executed, are not perfect - you need to add additional drawings and tons of phots, all of which I happen to possess, except I no longer have the time...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 19  [ 187 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 719 »

Jump to: