Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: ''Pieter Schelte'' Platform removal vesselPosted: September 9th, 2010, 1:05 am
looking ship designs came across this ridiculous ship design that is currently gebouwt in Korea in 2014 and will be operational. maybe a good idea for one of the permanent members Bucket Ship to ship this to my idea difficult to draw.

Pieter Schelte will be 382 m long and 117 m wide. At the bow of the vessel is a slot, which is 122 m long and 52 m wide, where topsides are lifted using eight horizontal lifting beams. Two tilting lift beams for installation or removal of jackets are located at the stern of the vessel. These lift beams are also used for regular crane lifts, such as for the installation or removal of modules, bridges, etc.
The large size of the ship gives her a very good wave response behaviour, superior to semi-submersible crane vessels in operational wave conditions; topsides and jackets can be installed or removed in significant wave heights of up to 3.5 m.
Pieter Schelte will have eight diesel generators with a total of 95 MW installed power, driving 12 azimuth thrusters for full dynamic positioning and for propulsion. The transit speed will be 14 knots. The accommodation is for 571 persons in two-person cabins.

The primary area of focus for Pieter Schelte is the removal (in accordance with OSPAR ’98 regulations) of large steel jacket based platforms in hostile areas such as the North Sea, but also in more benign areas of the world. In particular, the aim is for topsides heavier than about 10000 t and for jackets higher than about 70 m, although small platforms can be accommodated equally well. Targeted are primarily topsides and jackets that can generally not be lifted in a single piece by existing crane barges.
A large number of typical platforms have been analysed in detail, so that the versatility of the vessel could be verified and viable solutions could be developed for lifting, transportation, lowering onto a cargo barge and skidding ashore.
Gravity based topsides of which the leg spacing fits the vessel slot, can be lifted with the aid of temporary modifications to the topsides lift system. Platforms with a leg spacing of up to 51 m can be accommodated.
Only a few of the widest gravity structures and jackets in the North Sea do not fit in the slot of Pieter Schelte; the topsides of these platforms can be removed modularly using the portal frame system.

Information links:

Company's website:
http://www.allseas.com/uk/19/equipment/ ... helte.html

Text is in dutch, info + drawings could be intresting (PDF File):
http://www.knvts.nl/S&W%20archief/Ontwe ... chelte.pdf

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ''Pieter Schelte'' Platform removal vesselPosted: September 9th, 2010, 2:18 am
Jesus.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: ''Pieter Schelte'' Platform removal vesselPosted: September 9th, 2010, 7:28 am
They do think big, don't they.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: ''Pieter Schelte'' Platform removal vesselPosted: September 9th, 2010, 7:30 am
Colosseum wrote:
Jesus.
my thought exactly.....

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: ''Pieter Schelte'' Platform removal vesselPosted: September 22nd, 2010, 5:00 pm
Any newer drawings avaible?

I've interesteds to draw it sometime.

[Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: ''Pieter Schelte'' Platform removal vesselPosted: September 22nd, 2010, 9:32 pm
Cool.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: ''Pieter Schelte'' Platform removal vesselPosted: September 23rd, 2010, 2:27 am
ALVAMA wrote:
Any newer drawings avaible?

I've interesteds to draw it sometime.
You mean it? :shock: you must be draw addicted or insane if you try this ''ship/platform''.
No i dont have other information or drawings of this FREAKY ship thing.

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings”

Jump to: