Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: October 1st, 2010, 11:17 pm
Colombamike wrote:
A T26 derived from Type 45 hull (to avoid to create a newer hull) :D

nice i made a version of the type 26 which i just called the Open Architecture design about a year ago. Basiclly its forward battery was ASROCs, CAMM, and TLAM, a naval gun. then the aft portion of the ship could be fitted with what ever was required, more missiles, more guns, expanded hanger, or a Embarked military force holding pen... the primary sensor array would of been the artisan.

open architechture
[ img ]

combat ship with enhanced weapons
[ img ]

Small ASW frigate C2
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: October 6th, 2010, 12:57 pm
I would say that a large GP frigate reinforced by Corvette type vessels like the Holland class would make a good combination for modern Naval operations where dedicated single mission frigate sized vessels aren't flexible enough and the open archiecture is a very good way forward. Enhanced communications and surveilance systems (Including ROV/UAV).

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: October 7th, 2010, 3:44 am
rifleman wrote:
I would say that a large GP frigate reinforced by Corvette type vessels like the Holland class would make a good combination for modern Naval operations where dedicated single mission frigate sized vessels aren't flexible enough and the open archiecture is a very good way forward. Enhanced communications and surveilance systems (Including ROV/UAV).
Im in general agreement. There are also great examples of where this theory is taking, The Holland/DZP, the BAM/F100 for example. The RN should get in on this idea with a enlarged River OPV(H) and the T-45. I would also say it is acceptable to design a hull design and leave it largely empety for future growth and system installations.

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: October 10th, 2010, 8:16 pm
well according to the Sunday Telegraph the type 26 programme could be dead in the water

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: October 10th, 2010, 10:55 pm
i like the idea of a exportable capital ship but it isnt what the RN needs. I also like the T26 but again it isnt what it needs

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Type 26 frigate...Leander II or Leander 2010 I would hopPosted: October 11th, 2010, 11:08 pm
Nice drawings Philbob 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: