Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
SrGopher
Post subject: SS BretagnePosted: June 30th, 2012, 7:00 pm
This was supposedly a larger sister to the SS Normandie planned by the French. Of course, it was never built, but I still kind of want to incorporate it into my AU. I'm looking towards trying to find any drawing of the ship. Wikipedia describes it as "longer and larger", but to what extent? Because I want to at least go try and get some historical reference before I default to a size that is extremely unlikely and one of those things that you will only find in an AU.

An hour of Googling brought up nothing except what I got from Wikipedia on the SS Normandie page.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: SS BretagnePosted: June 30th, 2012, 7:26 pm
I am working on that ship myself.

[Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: SS BretagnePosted: June 30th, 2012, 8:27 pm
Well, in that case, nevermind. I don't want to fringe on your project considering that I only wanted this for my AU. Good luck to you, Alvama!

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: SS BretagnePosted: June 30th, 2012, 8:50 pm
SrGopher wrote:
Well, in that case, nevermind. I don't want to fringe on your project considering that I only wanted this for my AU. Good luck to you, Alvama!
Well he, You can make your own version of you AU, no any problems with that, I just meand I am gonna make the version of the real study (Whish I started last week)

So don't see me as a brake in your way to design stuff!

[Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: SS BretagnePosted: June 30th, 2012, 9:39 pm
Well, in that case, I might end up coming up with an outlandish design. I still look forward to maybe using your version of the Bretagne as a reference, but at this point, my version will be exactly what Wikipedia said. A larger, longer Normandie. Its going to be a pretty drastic change, kind of combining the two planned conversions of the Normandie in real life on her larger sister. Really outlandish, but hey, its an AU! Good luck to you!

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: SS BretagnePosted: July 1st, 2012, 7:35 am
SrGopher wrote:
Well, in that case, I might end up coming up with an outlandish design. I still look forward to maybe using your version of the Bretagne as a reference, but at this point, my version will be exactly what Wikipedia said. A larger, longer Normandie. Its going to be a pretty drastic change, kind of combining the two planned conversions of the Normandie in real life on her larger sister. Really outlandish, but hey, its an AU! Good luck to you!
I bougth a blueprint at a shop to draw the Bretagne, and she is longer and bigger, but not more. A lot of windows and stuff are not like Normanie.

[Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: SS BretagnePosted: July 1st, 2012, 1:01 pm
I guess then mine will just be a brand new ocean liner. Thanks for the info, Alvama.

[Profile] [Quote]
CanisD
Post subject: Re: SS BretagnePosted: July 1st, 2012, 5:59 pm
There were two competing designs, one conservative, one radical. The conservative one was basically Normandie with two funnels, possibly a bit larger as well. The radical one was from Normandie's designer, Vladimir Yourkevitch, and was super-streamlined with twin, side-by-side funnels. The more conservative design won out, but WW2 killed the plan.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings”

Jump to: