[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
acelanceloet
Post subject: unknown schelde designPosted: November 30th, 2010, 7:29 pm
anybody knows what this is?
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: unknown schelde designPosted: November 30th, 2010, 8:04 pm
It says quite clearly, a Chilean version of the Dutch Navy Karel Doorman, with British 4.5" main gun instead of the OTO 5" (or so it seems)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: unknown schelde designPosted: November 30th, 2010, 8:10 pm
well... I came that far :D but I have never seen this ship (looking like an mix between the lcf and the sigma's) and I want to know more of it (good never build for me to do ;) )

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: unknown schelde designPosted: November 30th, 2010, 8:16 pm
Novice wrote:
It says quite clearly, a Chilean version of the Dutch Navy Karel Doorman, with British 4.5" main gun instead of the OTO 5" (or so it seems)
They say, the model could be compared to the Chilean M-frigates - Almirante (Amiral) Latorre. The ship is clearly like what Jan is saying a mix to LCF- Zeven Provincien class and a Sigma. Hull shape it quite like that from a LCF well the bridge is kinda like SIGMA. But I'm sure it's have almost the same sizes as the L -and M-frigates nowadays in service of the Chilean navy. But one thing we can say, it's Dutch.

[Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: unknown schelde designPosted: December 1st, 2010, 2:37 am
Novice wrote:
It's clearly labeled, and looks like, a Mk 45, which is the standard USN artillery piece, 5/62 I believe

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings”

Jump to: