Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Request for reference material for RAN cruisersPosted: May 29th, 2014, 10:43 am
That would be great if you could thanks, I've managed to find quite a few pictures online but there are plenty of gaps in the time line so more would be greatly appreciated.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Request for reference material for RAN cruisersPosted: May 29th, 2014, 1:14 pm
When I go to the library tomorrow I'll take my Ipad and grab a few pics for you

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Request for reference material for RAN cruisersPosted: May 29th, 2014, 4:06 pm
Rodondo wrote:
I've got a few pictures of HMAS Encounter, and the two Pelorus class ships from wikipedia, HMAS Sydney (I) but does anyone have anything else a little more detailed? *looking at mike for his usual supply of brilliance*
Ten seconds searching
http://www.navy.gov.au/sites/default/fi ... r_0004.jpg
http://www.navy.gov.au/sites/default/fi ... r_0001.jpg
http://www.navy.gov.au/sites/default/fi ... r_0003.jpg
:mrgreen:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4118/476 ... 6123_o.jpg
Lack of time sorry

[Profile] [Quote]
Wizard
Post subject: Re: Request for reference material for RAN cruisersPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 6:07 am
Rodondo - The books you want to look at are;

British Cruisers of the Victorian Era - Norman Friedman Seaforth Publishing 2012 and

British Cruisers Two World Wars and After - Norman Friedman Seaforth Publishing

The books have lots of lovely pictures, the Australian ones are mainly from the A C Green Collection at the State Library of Victoria. (All available online) The really nice things are the Plan and Profile line drawings by A D Baker III and Paul Webb of a number of cruisers. These include PIONEER, ENCOUNTER and a number of the Royal Navy's colonial cruisers based in Australia. I can't lay my hands on my copy at the moment but IIRC the second book has a Chatham Class, ADELAIDE, various Counties and the modified Leanders.

That should keep you going.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Request for reference material for RAN cruisersPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 1:58 pm
I have the first one, but, to my recollection there are no side elevations of the desired cruisers. However, since I have it with me at work today, if I get a request for which ships I should scan, I can do it later this evening and send them thru email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Request for reference material for RAN cruisersPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 2:13 pm
I think the ships Rowdy's after is Australia (II), Canberra (I) (Both Kent SubClass) and Shropshire (London subclass). I'm after the Encunter (Challenger Class), Pioneer/Psyhce (Pelorus Class) and maybe any Chatham stuff would be appreciated

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Request for reference material for RAN cruisersPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 3:06 pm
Ok, since I don't have my WWII cruiser book available, I'll look for that latter ones!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Request for reference material for RAN cruisersPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 11:35 pm
Ok, I think I got the scans you need. One problem though: they are large PDF:s converted to .png:s.

Encounter-class:

[ img ]

Pelorus/Pioneer-class:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Request for reference material for RAN cruisersPosted: June 3rd, 2014, 3:15 am
:shock: Thank you Bezobrazov!

[Profile] [Quote]
Wizard
Post subject: Re: Request for reference material for RAN cruisersPosted: June 3rd, 2014, 5:24 am
Try the National Archives of Australia Record Search (www.naa.gov.au)

For some 'As fitted' drawings of HMAS SYDNEY I search for ITEMS in Series MP551/1 Control Symbol 73/*

If you look through MP551/1 you'll find a lot of other gems.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: