Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
Colosseum
Post subject: Request for sources: USN Mk.33 gun directorPosted: May 4th, 2016, 5:15 pm
Just as the topic says, looking for anything and everything on the USN Mk.33 gun director. I'd like to produce a sheet for the Mk.33 (and the Mk.34) to rival the current sheets for the Mk.37 and 38.

Any info on dimensions, radar fits, or fleet disposition would be most helpful. Schematics are of course welcomed. This is the one widespread director system that I can't seem to find much info on outside of some of the very basics.

High res period photos are ideal too!

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Request for sources: USN Mk.33 gun directorPosted: May 5th, 2016, 2:19 am
Check your PMs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Request for sources: USN Mk.33 gun directorPosted: May 5th, 2016, 2:34 am
Great stuff. Reading about how the analog computers of the day were able to produce firing solutions with so many variables still astounds me. To think that my phone (normally used for sending snapchats of food and scrolling Instagram) is more powerful than the fire control computers of the day on a battleship amazes me.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings”

Jump to: