Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
Jonatan15
Post subject: "Generic" Ironclad designs topicPosted: October 19th, 2017, 11:47 pm
Hello, i'm here to "revive" an old type of post that is very interesting and helpful. I'm currently working on some( ALL) Brazilian ironclads from the paraguayan/triple-alliance war(1864-1870) and then i found an internal blueprint from the Casemate/Central-battery ironclad Brasil(Here it was comissioned as an Armored Corvette and some english sources uses Armored gunboat also.) built in France from 1864-65, and it gave me the idea of making an "generic" ship like some that we have here on the forums. In a nuttshell, the Imperial Brazilian navy was amazed with the Ironclads from the Civil war and then Rushed to get some and later build by themselves. So after posting the generic Central-battery Ironclad that i did here i propose that we(the SB community) should do more generic ships. In this post, as the title says, i want do generic ironclads(All Pre-Devastation Iron-hulled Steam warship, but Monitors), also because there's a lot of types of ironclads like Central-Citadel, broadside, turret, barbette and few others so It'll be helpful.

- Rework my First Design
- Await the Winged Hussars Arrive

[Profile] [Quote]
Jonatan15
Post subject: Re: "Generic" Ironclad designs topicPosted: October 19th, 2017, 11:50 pm
1864 examples: All paraguayan war Brazilian Central-Battery Ironclad follow the Brasil "Style"(Iron hull and a big square superstructure with casemates)
[ img ]
*Fixed Quality

- Rework my First Design

Last edited by Jonatan15 on October 21st, 2017, 11:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: "Generic" Ironclad designs topicPosted: October 20th, 2017, 8:10 am
You've saved it as a JPEG so its blurry and pixelated which limits its usability.

But as a generic central battery ironclad the drawing looks ok, of course some of the Great Power central battery ships were much larger, but this works well as an example of the lower-end of this type.

For clarity I would be tempted to move the Engine Room and Boilers tags and lines to below the hull and move the guns workspace above to aid clarity. Right now you have blue arrows going all over the place to fit.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: "Generic" Ironclad designs topicPosted: October 20th, 2017, 7:39 pm
(sigh) :( :roll:
Jonatan15 wrote: *
Hello, i'm here to "revive" an old type of post that is very interesting and helpful.
It is being "revived". By me. Original author of this generic format.
viewtopic.php?p=172957#p172957

It's in a WIP stage and I don't have a habit of trickling my works one by one, but prefer to post them in larger blocks.
But I already hinted that it's "in the works":
viewtopic.php?p=172997#p172997

(The fact that something hasn't been posted by me yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.)

Good luck with the Brazilian ironclads, though. Looking forward to see them.

[Profile] [Quote]
Jonatan15
Post subject: Re: "Generic" Ironclad designs topicPosted: October 21st, 2017, 11:09 am
eswube wrote: *
(sigh) :( :roll:
Jonatan15 wrote: *
Hello, i'm here to "revive" an old type of post that is very interesting and helpful.
It is being "revived". By me. Original author of this generic format.
viewtopic.php?p=172957#p172957

It's in a WIP stage and I don't have a habit of trickling my works one by one, but prefer to post them in larger blocks.
But I already hinted that it's "in the works":
viewtopic.php?p=172997#p172997

(The fact that something hasn't been posted by me yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.)

Good luck with the Brazilian ironclads, though. Looking forward to see them.

Sorry about that, i'm not an active forum user(and i'm having Internet issues so i didn't see that you say that was working on. My mistake.
By the way, thanks. I'm on final stages of tracing the ships, the biggest problem are the Masts and rigging.

- Rework my First Design

[Profile] [Quote]
Jonatan15
Post subject: Re: "Generic" Ironclad designs topicPosted: October 21st, 2017, 11:19 am
Hood wrote: *
You've saved it as a JPEG so its blurry and pixelated which limits its usability.
Well i didn't upload that image, i ask it to a friend to upload(Char) idk why its on JPEG. I'll ask him a new upload.
Yeah, these are vey small in comparison with other great powers, they were more for brown waters so doesnt need to be big and very good Sea going ships.

- Rework my First Design

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings”

Jump to: