Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Future Royal Netherlands Navy & Belgian Naval ComponentPosted: May 25th, 2019, 9:05 am
Some new artist impressions and information has surfaced.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Detail image of the bridge
[ img ]
Quote:
1 = Sea Eagle FRCO
2 = Sea Eagle FCEO
3 = Bofors 40mm mk4
The official dimensions have been presented by Naval Group as 81,4 x 17 m instead of 95 x 15,5 m. Following the information presented by marineschepen.nl the ships will carry a AWS-10 2D radar by BAE Systems, Sea Eagle FRCO is a Fire Control Radar and Sea Eagle FCEO a Fire Control Electro-Optical by Chess Dynamics or Danish Terma under licence. For the MCM toolbox the ships will use a toolbox developed by ECA and build in Belgium.
Quote:
- USV Inspector 125
- K-STER C
- A-18M AUV
- T-18M towed sonar

Additional a UAV will be provided by Saab.

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Future Royal Netherlands Navy & Belgian Naval ComponentPosted: May 25th, 2019, 12:58 pm
Quite possible the sensor & weapon package will differ from what is stated here, especially for the Netherlands. As they already operate the 30mm Marlin WS on other ships it could very well be a candidate to replace the 40mm, and with an increasing number of Dutch MPs routing for more domestic defense-industry orders Thales will probably get some radar deals as well.

Other than that, not a half bad design with quite some potential!

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Future Royal Netherlands Navy & Belgian Naval ComponentPosted: May 25th, 2019, 3:24 pm
Not a handsome ship, but not ugly either.

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: Future Royal Netherlands Navy & Belgian Naval ComponentPosted: May 26th, 2019, 9:58 am
MihoshiK wrote: *
At IndoDefense 2018 Damen showed their refined proposal for t he combined Dutch/Belgium replacement for the M-frigates, the Omega design.

[ img ]
The Ship Pennanted 331 is quite a nice design anyone know what it is or have more details?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Future Royal Netherlands Navy & Belgian Naval ComponentPosted: May 26th, 2019, 10:15 am
https://products.damen.com/en/ranges/si ... gate-10514

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Future Royal Netherlands Navy & Belgian Naval ComponentPosted: June 4th, 2019, 1:01 pm
Vossiej wrote: *
Quite possible the sensor & weapon package will differ from what is stated here, especially for the Netherlands. As they already operate the 30mm Marlin WS on other ships it could very well be a candidate to replace the 40mm, and with an increasing number of Dutch MPs routing for more domestic defense-industry orders Thales will probably get some radar deals as well.

Other than that, not a half bad design with quite some potential!
Time will tell, the official information is that the details arround sensors are not ready at this point. Naval Group denied to answer any questions arround the systems and send the journalists to the Belgian and Dutch navies.

Following a request by marineschepen.nl to the Dutch navy the answer was simple : No decision yet.
They are in talks with Naval Group to change some details to the design, other sensors are allowed but only if they fit in the price and specs of the current offered models.

Don't expect any big changes to the sensors, the fixed price of the contract does not allow any space for other systems. The RNLN did take some space in the contract to be able to place theire own CMS (Thales TACTICOS based) instead of the CMS developed by Naval Group.

There are some design flaws in the shown model but this might change in the current ongoiing talks between the navies and Naval Group. The contract signing has been postponed by Belgium due to the recent elections.
odysseus1980 wrote: *
Not a handsome ship, but not ugly either.

that's your opinion :lol: All i can say is ; It's French.

------

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Future Royal Netherlands Navy & Belgian Naval ComponentPosted: June 4th, 2019, 1:25 pm
I quite like the styling, to be honest. Workmanlike. My only "complaint" (such as it is) is that the helo deck feels awkwardly high, but where else would you put it?

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Future Royal Netherlands Navy & Belgian Naval ComponentPosted: June 4th, 2019, 11:41 pm
erik_t wrote: *
I quite like the styling, to be honest. Workmanlike. My only "complaint" (such as it is) is that the helo deck feels awkwardly high, but where else would you put it?
The complaint is 100% accurate, based upon the known dimensions i estimate the UAV deck to be +/- 13 m above the waterline or little over 42 feet for the Americans.

The flight deck will (as far as made public) only serve as a flight deck for (light) VTOL UAV's, i estimate the dimensions of the flight deck 20 - 21 m in lenght and 15 - 17 m width. This would be enoug to land a NH90 but due to the heigth of the flight deck this would make the ship top heavy and in my opinion is can not be used for landing ''real helicopters'' only for UAV and VERTREP.

The Dutch navalwebsite marineschepen.nl has published the image below and calculated the lenght of the vessel based on the know dimensions of the 40 mm mk4 and USV.
[ img ]

------

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: