Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1641 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 26th, 2014, 5:39 pm
why don't you build her from pykrete?

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 26th, 2014, 5:59 pm
what is pykrete?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 26th, 2014, 6:01 pm
woodpulp reinforced ice.

[Profile] [Quote]
LBraden
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 26th, 2014, 6:15 pm
HMS Habbakuk -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Habbakuk

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 26th, 2014, 6:30 pm
seeing the size of your ship, that might be the only material you will be able to build it with. the shell prelude is 500m and 600000 tons, and nothing even close to it has ever been build before (the previous lineage of FPSO's, which are currently under construction as well and are considered big as well, are 350000 tons) you are going for 1200m, giving you most likely an displacement of 2 million tons at least, which is quite close to the maximum size habbakuk could be, 2,2 million.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 26th, 2014, 6:54 pm
so.....would it float?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 26th, 2014, 7:05 pm
the battleship you were describing earlier? if you could construct it, it could float, but the only way of constructing it would be flexible couplings I think.
the only thing close to it ever thought of is the freedom ship, but I think that one is just as much a ship impossible to build as this idea. and your other battleship in this thread, for that matter, I think.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 26th, 2014, 7:45 pm
can someone post a expansion joint up here please? my KM Fuhrer design needs one. it would really help if someone did.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 26th, 2014, 7:48 pm
I cannot think of any ship that has the expansion joint drawn in sb right now. I think you should draw it up yourself, if you know how they work you can figure out how they work.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 26th, 2014, 7:52 pm
I don't know what one looks like

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1641 »

Jump to: