Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
Blitzi
Post subject: What started as the Myrmidon from HawxPosted: October 6th, 2022, 7:07 pm
Before you all nuke me to death there might be currenty some parts (less than 5%) that are not original by me. Please do not crusify me and if any of the original authors notice them please let me know since I have long forgotten which I used. Helos, Some of the radars and part of the missiles are from a parts sheet with minor edits.

[ img ]
How bad is it.

Last edited by Blitzi on October 7th, 2022, 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: What started as the Myrmidon from HawxPosted: October 6th, 2022, 7:41 pm
Before anyone says anything about it, at the very least it should have your name on it. I think some superstructure bits are from one of the iterations of the Kirov class, other then that I do not see anything that I immediately as requiring credits.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blitzi
Post subject: Re: What started as the Myrmidon from HawxPosted: October 6th, 2022, 7:47 pm
acelanceloet wrote: *
Before anyone says anything about it, at the very least it should have your name on it. I think some superstructure bits are from one of the iterations of the Kirov class, other then that I do not see anything that I immediately as requiring credits.
Like I said not trying to discredit anyone here or their fantastic work. The forward super is based on the Kirov but mostly redrawn due to -you guessed it- not properly fitting the design and I generally like the look of the Kirovs. As far as the name goes I couldn't get the font to look look like everyone elses. It blurs it out and makes it a mush.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: What started as the Myrmidon from HawxPosted: October 6th, 2022, 7:51 pm
http://shipbucket.com/drawings/5726 looks like quite a bit of it is unchanged ;)

So you should credit both Gollevainen and yourself.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blitzi
Post subject: Re: What started as the Myrmidon from HawxPosted: October 6th, 2022, 8:15 pm
http://shipbucket.com/drawings/5726 looks like quite a bit of it is unchanged ;)

So you should credit both Gollevainen and yourself.
Added him o7. Thanks for the info. This project is an old carryover and I can't recall who made what when I started all this.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: What started as the Myrmidon from HawxPosted: October 6th, 2022, 8:39 pm
Only one minor thing, your name should come last, as you are the one responsible for the final artwork ;)

But, now can I answer how bad is it: I've seen much, much worse.

The ship has way too many openings near the waterline and seems a tad overloaded, to the point that some equipment is interfering with what is next to it or cannot turn. The funnel also seems to be too small for the propeller size.....

The real question is, what do you want with it? do you want to make it realistic? Do you want to use it for something? Do you want feedback on the drawing style or the ships design?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blitzi
Post subject: Re: What started as the Myrmidon from HawxPosted: October 6th, 2022, 8:46 pm
Only one minor thing, your name should come last, as you are the one responsible for the final artwork ;)

But, now can I answer how bad is it: I've seen much, much worse.

The ship has way too many openings near the waterline and seems a tad overloaded, to the point that some equipment is interfering with what is next to it or cannot turn. The funnel also seems to be too small for the propeller size.....

The real question is, what do you want with it? do you want to make it realistic? Do you want to use it for something? Do you want feedback on the drawing style or the ships design?
For some reason I remembered it was the other way around will fix it once I hop back on my PC. To be honest I haven't given it much thought (been sitting on my hard drive for literally a year) but I guess it is going to be like a 2020s version of a Kirov that can also be used in anti-pirate action (hence the 3 130mm guns) Of course critique and feedback is always welcome as I wish the final product to be atleast somewhat believeable.

As for the funnels I always thought of it as a nuclear powered warship and knowing little to none about how nuclear powered warhips have their vents/funnels (for cooling purposes/dumping vapour/aux diesel echaust) I played it safe and added one small enough to do that job.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: What started as the Myrmidon from HawxPosted: October 7th, 2022, 3:30 pm
It's 100x better than my very first drawings. Obviously it has some realism problems, and we can help you sort those out as you'd like.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blitzi
Post subject: Re: What started as the Myrmidon from HawxPosted: October 10th, 2022, 1:58 pm
erik_t wrote: *
It's 100x better than my very first drawings. Obviously it has some realism problems, and we can help you sort those out as you'd like.
Technically not my first drawing but it my first own design. Anything to make it believeable. Hit a stump while designing it so it was left overly cluttered. Pretty much the only things I want to keep here is the hull shape, the guns and ciws as is. The rest can go as far as I'm concerned.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: