Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 11:20 am
Went to work on the mast first since that was the biggest problem here (followed by the hull shape and ridiculous length). I decided to try out if something more along the lines of the Schelde Combatant's radar would work. As in; a rotating volume search radar in an enclosed housing. Also, I hoped that maybe something along the lines of an enlarged TRS-4D (not Thales, I know, but maybe an AU Thales?) would provide SMART-L capability in a small package. I do hope this works. It's worth giving a try.
[ img ]
From top to bottom; a Mirador at the top, some nav lights below that, ECM\ESM suite, non-rotating IFF. Below that it gets exiting; the empty space there contains the volume search radar, in a very simmilar way to how the Schelde combatant had the SMART-S there. Also in this room are the Seastar, Gatekeepers, and a Colds NG laser warner (also not Thales, but I couldn't find a Thales equivalent).

The level below that contains everyone's favorite radar director; APAR. And also some more nav-lights and and four faces of the ICAS.

Then finally at the bottom level we have the flat-panel deriative of Sirius, the other sixteen ICAS faces, and four satcoms. There is also a small below-deck room for cooling\processing, as this might not all fit in the mast itself.

The mast is a little larger than I-mast 500 in every dimension, but not out of the ballpark. Chances are that all kinds of shit is wrong with this...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 11:32 am
you are not getting the range of the SMART-L out of something that fit's in there, but you have given me some ideas..... care to let me try some stuff out tonight?

other then that it looks viable, and if I enlarge it a bit for an SMART something to fit in it might become an true I-mast with no deck pen.
(ow and that ECM suite is 20 years late, I will find something else for that)

btw, this is getting very close to the SADF mast I made for my AU, only an long range variant (read more here)

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 11:39 am
Quote:
you are not getting the range of the SMART-L out of something that fit's in there, but you have given me some ideas..... care to let me try some stuff out tonight?
Go ahead, I'd be glad actually. I think I should forget about ABM after all, maybe... But if you have a good idea, then lets try it out! :D
Quote:
btw, this is getting very close to the SADF mast I made for my AU, only an long range variant
I'll be fairly honest in that I used the SADF (and some other I-masts you made in the past for Winged Heroes, such as the Poseidon mast and APAR mkII from the old forum) for reference\information\inspiration, yes. ;) The counter-rotating radars are a pretty sweet idea.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 11:41 am
and I'll be fairly honest in saying that the SADF is the one that makes the most sense of all.... and is still a bit more 'looks' then 'it really works' .... well it could work, but nobody would ever build something like it IRL ;)

and ABM.... well do you still want to use ASTER?

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 11:45 am
Yes, I do want to keep Aster. Aside from that I do not know what else to use, Aster is a pretty capable missile. I'd prefer Aster\Mica over ESSM every day. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re:Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 11:52 am
You could design your own stuff, that's what I did. But I think I can come up with something for you.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 12:34 pm
wow cool!

[Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 3:27 pm
would it be an problem if I would scrap the APAR off? did some research and they don't work with ASTER at all.....
why not? simple. because:
all PAAMS radars are S band high res search radars (or targeting radars), the APAR is an X-band director with secondary search function.

so, the fact is, modify the asters or the radars :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 4:36 pm
Is there any way to make some custom APAR related director operating in S-band? If not, it's okay to leave the APAR out; even though I have no idea how to guide my other missiles then. FYI, these are:

-AASSM (custom Dystopianus built anti-ship missile)
-Aster-15
-Aster-30
-POLAR
-Fasthawk
-Milas
-And LFK-NG (meant to replace RAM)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 4:51 pm
none of these systems require semi-active guidance, so I can leave the APAR out. the only thing I will add is some gun and launcher guidance ;)
I will make something like it that will work as well but does not look and work like APAR.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: