Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 16 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1841 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 9:57 pm
you are thousand miles away.

Better to restart it all over again. and just redraw instead of burning out on trying to draw on a bad picture.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 10:09 pm
if you continue to criticize me and my designs I am going to erase my membership on shipbucket. That's right!! No more LordBladaime ever!! Because every time you do this my feelings get hurt. so please stop criticizing me it hurts!!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 10:48 pm
you know, if you want to leave, you are free to do so. nobody on shipbucket is so important he can't be missed, and as you have not finished a single ship, and not even started on an real design, you certainly won't.

however, if you want to learn to draw sb style and learn how sb works, I think you'd best listen to criticism, because right now on both points you are not really doing that good a job, to be honest.

you are not the worst artist we have ever seen here, and you certainly did not make an bad start drawing wise, but as long as you are not on the level of the people who actually produce the majority of the drawings going into the archive you will keep getting criticism and comments which you will not always like.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 11:21 pm
I'm just gonna say something, because I had this problem too. Criticism is inevitable. Here, work, you whole life is going to be filled with it. The first thing you need to know is do not take it personally. This is one of the hardest things to do. I got past it, you can too.
Second, take it all. You need to accept the fact that there are people much more knowledgeable than you and that it's ok.

Now, if you want to leave, then feel free, but I must say that I went through this phase when I started. We all did. It took me a while to get used to it, but I sucked it up. And now, looking back 4 years later, I'm glad I did. I've learned a lot of new stuff, I'm producing very decent drawings and getting the hang of things. If you really want to get better, then stay and take every little piece of criticism you get.

Just my humble two cents.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 11:33 pm
The reason why I said that is because:

when you draw on an very pixelated picture/drawing, you have to clean it up, remove all those small pixels. the easiest way to do it (as I said in a earlier post), is to save the original drawing as an "16 color bitmap", then remove all pixel error's in it.

then draw all guns, or get guns from the forum and add it on. (Note in Shipbucket we never draw ships with elevated guns (standard rule) except one or two Japanese WW2 cruisers)

here are an example.

First I save it as an "16 color bitmap" in paint:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/887 ... thing1.PNG

Note all those pixels are gone, and now there is just 8-10 standard colors to work with. Now you can save the same file as an "24-bit Bitmap" (this is so that wen you add other parts to the drawing, they will not lose their colors)

Here I have removed some colors, I also use an red line to mark the shape of the hull, superstructure, etc. Then I add in already drawn parts that was meant for the H-class design. Not the 30.5in gun's is not correct drawn. there are some small errors in it
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/887 ... thing2.PNG

coloring the ship is the last thing I do. but now you have something to work from.

I are one of them that criticize someone when I think they can do better (have it in them to do better). but if that person can withstand to be criticized. than it's not my problem. In shipbucket we all being criticized. Even I do, sometime a bit heavy. and sometime just ignored. And it's when you are getting ignored you (special I) starting to feel that something is wrong. and we have a couple members in Shipbucket that like to be a bit hard/hash when they criticized (some of them have got me to see almost red! and other I just laugh at and keep trolling them, for a period... before I get back to work!)

But Might I suggest draw an small ship, around 100 meters long, we can then learn you a bit faster about things like:

- shading rule.
- how to clean up and drawing fast (but that I have showed you just now)
- details
- and many other things like: double black line is the universe biggest no-no in Shipbucket)

then you just use what you learned from that small ship on to this big mammoth of an ship. It will help you get faster to the goal!

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 7:26 am
please, before use AU parts ask the permission to the author...

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 7:53 am
You know the rule. If you post it in the part sheet topic, in a specific folder...

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 9:39 am
@LordBaldaime
You're being given sensible advice, and really there's no need to take it personally. Nobody here wants to be deliberately mean to You, simply we have certain standards here and due to amount of practice usually we are acquainted with practical ways of creating SB-style drawings, including most sensible order of doing things.
I can understand that You may feel bit saddened at times by rather unenthusiastic opinions about Your work, but none of us was expert in doing these drawings from the start, and we all had to learn by trial-and-error. Still, I hope that You'll be able to develop Your skills and get satisfaction from Your work here (while at the same time keep us satisfied with it's quality).
:)

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 4:28 pm
would it be ok if I use

[ img ]

as a redo to get the KM Führer design done right? I like the redone design better than my failed attempt.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 5:59 pm
Hi LordBladaime,

I suspect the 11" guns are sufficient secondaries without adding in the 16" as well - you've got the 30.5" for seriously heavy work and the Kreigsmarine were quite happy with 11" as battleship guns (wasn't one of the RN carriers sunk by 11" fire at long range?). Adding in 16" as well would require more diverse ammunition stowage, which would probably reduce the total numbers of rounds carried even ignoring that the 16" will result in fewer rounds carried for a given weight.

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 16 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1841 »

Jump to: