Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 17  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 517 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 13th, 2012, 5:21 am
APDAF wrote:
I am not used to make something small so I need to get used to the scale of these drawings.
You really should practice with larger objects, like ships first.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 13th, 2012, 5:53 am
klagldsf wrote:
APDAF wrote:
I am not used to make something small so I need to get used to the scale of these drawings.
You really should practice with larger objects, like ships first.
And get those ships you've started completed first. You have so many projects started and never finnished.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 13th, 2012, 9:39 am
I would still opt for moving the main landing gear from the center of the wing more to the front part of the wing (like on my edit) and suggest adding some struts linking the fuselage with the upper wing and engines with wings.
(Actually, I'd opt for simply using my drawing as a whole ;) - after all, airplanes in SB scale are generally considered "parts", not drawings on their own, so You don't need to credit me for this, but that's Your decision)

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 5:42 pm
UPDATED:

Added VK-2 Sigurd.

OT: I have been away for a week so sorry if I have not answered your posts.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 6:50 pm
This VK-2 is not bad, but I would move the main landing wheels bit forward, the same for observer/gunner, and add struts between upper wing and hull. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 6:54 pm
Also, on the VK-3, lower the coclpit windshield. As it is, they can't see anything on the ground, and it would get worse as they pull back for takeoff.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 7:34 pm
The pilot's and co-pilot's job is to fly the plane not look at the ground that's the job of the Bombardier/Navigator/Photo-reconnaissance officer and he has his own window for that.

Also they often would take off from a Zeppelin carrier and only need to go about 5-10 Knots faster than the Zeppelin is travelling to land and take off.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 7:37 pm
still, an pilot needs to see where he is landing. especially during that time era, you cannot rely on altitude instruments only.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 7:40 pm
Looking on the ground can be quite useful for pilot. If for nothing else, then just in order not to slam into it. ;)
Remember, it's still before radar altimeters to tell the crew how much above the ground they are with precision.
During take off and landing a good view on the ground is rather valuable, though it could be done if there is just a full window on the front side of the cockpit that's just not visible from the side. ;)
As for the Zeppelin carrier able to take heavy (for the time) bombers - no, I REALLY don't think so.
I know that You like mega-everything, but it's size would just have to be way too big to build and operate.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 7:58 pm
Wings 6 pixels thick on the VK-2? I don't think so, go with 3.
[ img ]
See how much better that looks?

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 17  [ 165 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 517 »

Jump to: