Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
Panzerfaust
Post subject: Concept Design: Spitbug SPATAAPosted: May 13th, 2021, 2:41 pm
[ img ]
This is a concept Self Propelled Anti Tank and Anti Air vehicle I came up with, basing it off the chassis of my concept tank the Wasp MBT It has a twin 40mm automatic cannon, and on either side of the turret it has 2 6 inch SAM Anti Air missiles (not based off of any one design), which can be swapped out for Anti Tank missiles should they be needed

[Profile] [Quote]
Kangaeru Kitsune
Post subject: Re: Concept Design: Spitbug SPATAAPosted: May 18th, 2021, 12:30 am
Uhhh... wannabe here:

The tracks might hit the bogies, and without the spines and guides would be much easier to get thrown off from where it is supposed to be. At least, the horizontal VSS bogies have become obsolete in the present day and might be replaced with torsion bars instead.

And the tank has a very BIG turret with a very tiny gun. The big turret makes the tank conspicuous and hinders anti-tank role (while also making the tank top heavy). Are the designers trying for maximum turret crew comfort or they wish the turret be a troop carrier too? I think they might have put a giant, heavy auto loader and a lot of heavy bullets for maximum firing effect while overheating the tank gun’s barrel.

As for the missiles, why not make smaller SAM missiles, so you can shorten the height of your turret? Unfortunately missiles carry extra weight and space, so you need to place it in a strategic place to balance your tank while also providing enough space for the crew. The missiles, when pointing up, would hinder turret rotation. BTW, there needs space for the big dish, i.e. the target acquisition radar.

In short, try to split the tank into two: the one that carries the anti-tank gun, while the other carries the rapid-fire AA gun, the anti-air missiles, and that target acquisition radar. And don’t forget to add torsion bar suspension...

PS: the bogies should be colored the same as the other parts of the tank body would.

[Profile] [Quote]
Panzerfaust
Post subject: Re: Concept Design: Spitbug SPATAAPosted: May 18th, 2021, 2:55 pm
Yeah, lotta goofy stuff with it, but it isnt made for modern day, the idea was make a series of vehicles based off a different custom vehicle i made, with the creation and use being in the 1950's to the mid to late 70s. I do see a lot about what your talking about, a lot of which was already mentioned on the beginners category of the SB discord server. I plan to go back and update the tracks of both this and the chassis of the vehicle it's based off of. The main guns aren't at guns, but are actually 40mm autocannons. The whole AT part comes from the ability to load AP belt into the cannons, or switch out the mini SAMs for anti tank missiles. Im not sure if you saw on the back for the radar stuff, but as for the missile launchers, i plan on keeping the tubes in the same area, but mounting the attachment point back to fix the traverse problem. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by Panzerfaust on May 26th, 2021, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Concept Design: Spitbug SPATAAPosted: May 26th, 2021, 3:07 am
A lot of "Stray" pixels to watch out for plus the grey haze outlining the tank :idea:

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Panzerfaust
Post subject: Re: Concept Design: Spitbug SPATAAPosted: May 26th, 2021, 12:24 pm
Im not sure if i follow on what you mean by stray pixels and grey outline, as neither are present on the design unless you are talking about the tracks, which i intend to correct and give better detail. I do think i follow on the concept of downing 10 pints and continuing to draw, but im not sure what prompted that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Concept Design: Spitbug SPATAAPosted: May 26th, 2021, 1:14 pm
[ img ]

The whole tank is riddled with countless stray pixels I'm afraid, not sure if that's a save issue or not but I'd hazard a guess Photopea isn't really suited to this, its hard to tell how much is actually the intended colour and how much half a dozen shades out.

Re-the pints, that's part of my user signature

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Panzerfaust
Post subject: Re: Concept Design: Spitbug SPATAAPosted: May 27th, 2021, 2:30 pm
Fun sign off, I think the gray lines were a by-product of uploading it, they dont show up in the original file when i opened it, so i think the image quality degraded then.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Concept Design: Spitbug SPATAAPosted: June 15th, 2021, 5:20 am
It’s not just the grey lines, whole image is like that

[Profile] [Quote]
Panzerfaust
Post subject: Re: Concept Design: Spitbug SPATAAPosted: June 17th, 2021, 9:20 pm
Looks like when I get the chance, a full redesign is an order then

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: