Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
Defender
Post subject: German MBB-F1 Golden Eagle Swing Wing Air Superiority FighterPosted: November 3rd, 2021, 2:35 am
[ img ]

"We should recognize that nationalism does not mean discriminating against people of a different nationality. It simply means not allowing such people to seize our political power, for only when we Han are in control politically do we have a nation."

- Sun Yat-sen

[Profile] [Quote]
Rainmaker
Post subject: Re: German MBB-F1 Golden Eagle Swing Wing Air Superiority FighterPosted: November 3rd, 2021, 5:54 am
Interesting design. I think the leading edge root extension (LERX) could be better blended into the nose of the aircraft, as right now the transition is very abrupt. Three vertical stabilizers is also a bit of a bizarre design choice, I think you'd have enough directional stability and rudder authority with either the two canted stabilizers or the one, larger, centre stabilizer. I'm not sure what's happening in your alternate universe but using Soviet/Russian engines (RD-33) and American armament (M61A1 Vulcan) is a bit of a head-scratcher as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
Defender
Post subject: Re: German MBB-F1 Golden Eagle Swing Wing Air Superiority FighterPosted: November 3rd, 2021, 7:26 pm
Rainmaker wrote: *
Interesting design. I think the leading edge root extension (LERX) could be better blended into the nose of the aircraft, as right now the transition is very abrupt. Three vertical stabilizers is also a bit of a bizarre design choice, I think you'd have enough directional stability and rudder authority with either the two canted stabilizers or the one, larger, centre stabilizer. I'm not sure what's happening in your alternate universe but using Soviet/Russian engines (RD-33) and American armament (M61A1 Vulcan) is a bit of a head-scratcher as well.
Friend of mine made the universe. Germany was granted complete independence on the basis of it being neutral (Like Austria), so it's essentially trying to balance East and West. With most of it's weapons being American, they opted for Soviet Engines. They also plan to use these to help support trade (Especially with the USSR, who needs the hard cash), to further discourage invasion.

"We should recognize that nationalism does not mean discriminating against people of a different nationality. It simply means not allowing such people to seize our political power, for only when we Han are in control politically do we have a nation."

- Sun Yat-sen

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: German MBB-F1 Golden Eagle Swing Wing Air Superiority FighterPosted: November 4th, 2021, 11:20 am
That middle vertical stabilizer looks awkward at best.
I'm more concerned, though, that the plane looks very much like Navybrat85's entry to Fleet Air Defence Fighter of 1980 Challenge.

viewtopic.php?p=184705#p184705

And I don't mean being F/A-18 inspired, but that most of it looks exactly the same pixel-by-pixel, including heavy corners and double black lines around the cockpit. (of course, wings are different and some element were altered - changes were made to radar cone - but only in elevation view, wheels, the hump near vertical stabilizers is smoother etc.)
But for the most part it seems to be largely the same work, which of course is allowed - AS LONG AS THE ORIGINAL ARTIST IS CREDITED.

[Profile] [Quote]
Miklania
Post subject: Re: German MBB-F1 Golden Eagle Swing Wing Air Superiority FighterPosted: November 4th, 2021, 3:14 pm
The reason some of those bits don't look like they're stolen from NavyBrat's fighter is because they're stolen from a different one. The middle vertical stabilizer, engine nozzles, lower rear fuselage side, wings, and horizontal stabs are straight off of my Fleet Defense Fighter of the 80s submission.

viewtopic.php?p=184486#p184486

This gentleman seems to have gone through that thread poaching aircraft.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: German MBB-F1 Golden Eagle Swing Wing Air Superiority FighterPosted: November 4th, 2021, 7:49 pm
It's getting even more interesting now. :twisted:

@Miklania
Sorry for not noticing Your parts being misappropriated. NavyBrat's parts were just much more easier to recognize thanks to these heavy corners and stuff. ;)

@Defender
I have a feeling that it would be a very reasonable move if You rectify this situation rather quickly.

[Profile] [Quote]
Defender
Post subject: Re: German MBB-F1 Golden Eagle Swing Wing Air Superiority FighterPosted: November 4th, 2021, 8:41 pm
eswube wrote: *
It's getting even more interesting now. :twisted:

@Miklania
Sorry for not noticing Your parts being misappropriated. NavyBrat's parts were just much more easier to recognize thanks to these heavy corners and stuff. ;)

@Defender
I have a feeling that it would be a very reasonable move if You rectify this situation rather quickly.
I've been at school for most of the day but saw the Discord notif earlier, I'm fixing it currently. I started work with the blank template and didn't get around to crediting till later on, and couldn't find the fighter again, which is my bad.

- Sun Yat-sen

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: