Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
El_snow
Post subject: Yoon Youngha class Patrol Missile Vessel (PKX-A)Posted: October 25th, 2022, 1:39 pm
For my first post on a ship project I wanted to upload an original work that was of entirely my own efforts; for previous projects I used to rely heavily on the shipbucket projects of other people, especially when it came to using the hull. For this project I chose the Yoon Youngha class Patrol Missile Vessel and to my bad luck there were no blueprints and I had to rely on photographs of the PKX-A ship and its successor the PKX-B in order to draw and detail the ship. I've managed to somehow complete the project and here is the result.

[ img ]

In terms of the photos I used for reference here they are:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Yoon Youngha class Patrol Missile Vessel (PKX-A)Posted: October 25th, 2022, 5:00 pm
2 fast one:

1. we draw the 76mm gun barrel like this:
[ img ]

2. we draw the missile it use, above the drawing

Side note, part's drawings (everything that is classified as parts is free to use, no credit needed). Our wiki page with latest updated parts:
http://shipbucket.com/wiki/index.php/Ca ... ts_by_type

[Profile] [Quote]
El_snow
Post subject: Re: Yoon Youngha class Patrol Missile Vessel (PKX-A)Posted: October 25th, 2022, 5:34 pm
heuhen wrote: *
2 fast one:

1. we draw the 76mm gun barrel like this:
[ img ]

2. we draw the missile it use, above the drawing

Side note, part's drawings (everything that is classified as parts is free to use, no credit needed). Our wiki page with latest updated parts:
http://shipbucket.com/wiki/index.php/Ca ... ts_by_type
Thank you for the feedback :) , I have updated the drawing.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Yoon Youngha class Patrol Missile Vessel (PKX-A)Posted: October 25th, 2022, 9:26 pm
Are you sure she has an angled keel like that? most ships are build with the keel more or less level with the design waterline.

[Profile] [Quote]
El_snow
Post subject: Re: Yoon Youngha class Patrol Missile Vessel (PKX-A)Posted: October 26th, 2022, 2:33 am
acelanceloet wrote: *
Are you sure she has an angled keel like that? most ships are build with the keel more or less level with the design waterline.
Looks like I was a bit off since I couldnt find any pictures of the complete keel of the ship when I drew up the design. Thank you for the feedback, I've adjusted the design based on your feedback to show a more level keel for the ship.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Yoon Youngha class Patrol Missile Vessel (PKX-A)Posted: October 26th, 2022, 1:30 pm
I think the first version is more truthful; the keel could be angled like in roughly same size vessel:
http://www.shipbucket.com/drawings/1922

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Yoon Youngha class Patrol Missile Vessel (PKX-A)Posted: October 26th, 2022, 2:47 pm
I will say, the keel on this particular class and hull design, would bow upward before it flatten out toward the jet-thrusters. You see ti specially good on the 3D-picture in the last picture I posted bellow.
The bow should also be a little rounder

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
El_snow
Post subject: Re: Yoon Youngha class Patrol Missile Vessel (PKX-A)Posted: October 26th, 2022, 3:31 pm
heuhen wrote: *
I will say, the keel on this particular class and hull design, would bow upward before it flatten out toward the jet-thrusters. You see ti specially good on the 3D-picture in the last picture I posted bellow.
The bow should also be a little rounder
Thank you so much for the reference pictures, I was really struggling with the heel of the ship due to a lack of reference photos, I'll have it updated soon :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: