Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ] 
RedJive
Post subject: SPLN Tamamo Heavy Invasion Support VesselPosted: January 13th, 2024, 10:18 pm
I kinda just stopped drawing bc i was too busy after my first ship but I finally got around to finishing a second one (not counting my like 5 minute seaplane carrier Clemson). I tried to focus on improving my shipbucket drawing skills with this instead of really focusing on how realistic the ship is (it is very much not realistic lol). Like my last ship I tried to draw everything myself. The only thing taken off a parts sheet is the catapult. I used a couple other drawings as reference for certain parts of the ship like the hull detailing (which my last ship had none of pretty much) and a lot of the equipment like the rangefinders are taken off of my previous drawing. (The drawings I looked at most for reference were BB1987's 1944 IJN Fuso and Armoured Man's 1954 Jamimoto class KNF Uraraha. Please let me know if I should credit them & I'll change it as soon as possible)

Anyways this is supposed to be like a battleship converted to support invasions with a seaplane hangar and equipment and space for storing and launching small naval invasion craft which is essentially the entire back third of the ship. The front still maintains its four 16" in two turrets and the secondary battery is asymmetric with the starboard side having ten 6" dual purpose guns and the port side only having the two fore turrets for a total of fourteen 6" guns. The secondary battery turrets are supposed to be taken from a couple incomplete destroyers which are currently very WIP.

[ img ]

Please let me know if anything looks weird or if anything's missing, I'm particularly iffy on shadows (especially hull shadows) so advice is very welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: