Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: RoC Taipei Class FrigatePosted: August 16th, 2011, 2:24 pm
As of 2011, the Cheng Kung Class and Chi Yang Class has been in service for 20 years and forty years respectively. Though the Kang Ding Class is newer, it's Sea Chaparral missile cannot protect herself in modern warfare. As for these reason, I have designed this class of frigate to replace the position of Cheng Kung Class, Chi Yang Class and Kang Ding Class.
[ img ]
Eletronics/FCS:
1x Taiwan made phrased array system (Based on the technology of the European APAR and Japanese FCS-3)
1x Taiwan made Electronic Warfare Suite
2x Mk-36 SRBOC Launcher
2x SPQ-9B Fire Control Radar

Armament:
1x Mk-45 MOD4 5 inch gun
2xMk-110 57mm gun
6x 8-Cell Mk-41 VLS launcher (Standard Condition: 16 VLA, 24 SM-2 MR, and 32 ESSM).
2x Mk-116 RAM Launcher,
8 HF-2 SSM Missile
8 HF-3 SSM Missile
2x Mk-32 Triple Torpedo Tubes

Helicopter:
1x S-70C(M) helicopter

[Profile] [Quote]
Chris Roach
Post subject: Re: RoC Taipei Class FrigatePosted: August 17th, 2011, 1:36 am
First, that Radar you've stuck just fowards of the SSM launchers is baldy positioned... much of it's field of view fowards will be blocked by the superstructure.

Second, the two 57mm Bofors aft will eat into the beam avalible for the hanger... I'd actually be suprised if you'd fit one helo in there let alone two. I'd suggest dumping the Bofors since between SM-2, ESSM and RAM you've got a fairly comprahensive anti-missile setup, and lighter weapons (20-30mm autocannon) are probably just as suited for junk busting as the 57mm.

Other than that, a decent first effort.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: RoC Taipei Class FrigatePosted: August 17th, 2011, 2:23 am
On a similar note, there is a (for want of a better word) better I-mast on the dutch parts sheets IIRC

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: RoC Taipei Class FrigatePosted: August 17th, 2011, 4:06 am
Chris: The two Mk-110 57mm cannon is for replacing the currnet Bofors 40mm cannon used to fight against PRC's Submarine Chaser/Torpedo Boat in close quarter battle. Since the 40mm cannon requires a gunner to operate and proven it can be dangerous to the gunner in Cheng Kung Class, I have decided to replace the 40mm cannon to Mk-110 replacing the 40mm and also provide some degree of anti air capability. I agree on the radar is badly placed and I think it should be modified and use the APAR-ish radar to guide the both cannon. For the helicopter issue, since there's only 20 S-70C(M) helicopter is not enough for the Taiwanese 24 Ship plan so I decied to have one hanger instead.

Rodondo: It's not the I-Mast, it's based on the technology of FCS-3 and APAR.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: RoC Taipei Class FrigatePosted: August 17th, 2011, 5:46 am
Oh, okay, my mistake

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: RoC Taipei Class FrigatePosted: August 17th, 2011, 6:05 am
Rodondo wrote:
Oh, okay, my mistake
It's fine, everyone makes mistakes.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: RoC Taipei Class FrigatePosted: August 17th, 2011, 6:12 am
Especially me :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
richardparker07
Post subject: Re: RoC Taipei Class FrigatePosted: August 28th, 2013, 5:12 am
Cheng Kung Class has been changing from then, here the latest features and structure of Cheng Kung Class Frigates

http://www.naval-technology.com/project ... -frigates/

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: