Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
BlueEagle1
Post subject: Re: Multi-Purpose Patrol VesselPosted: August 26th, 2011, 12:01 am
Fixed.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Multi-Purpose Patrol VesselPosted: August 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm
BlueEagle1 wrote:
Fixed.
I say, she looks like a fine little ship. I'd imagine that she embarks at least one UAV in a small hanger aft, just because she's got the room for one.

[Profile] [Quote]
BlueEagle1
Post subject: Re: Multi-Purpose Patrol VesselPosted: August 27th, 2011, 1:30 am
Added a Fire Scout UAV. Thanks for the suggestions and praise.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Multi-Purpose Patrol VesselPosted: August 27th, 2011, 1:57 am
I'd expand the VLS (another 8-cell unit) and put Harpoon there. This would allow the ship's boat to move up so that the bottom of the door is above the main deck level, which is much superior for hull strength (and would tend to be less wet).

Still not sure why both VL-ASROC and ESSM are shades of gray, as is the screw.

Generally a solid effort. I'd also fit something like Sea Giraffe or other low-impact shortish-range air search set. SPY-5 will not be good at that. The rotating nav set is unnecessarily with MWVR, IMHO. She's small enough that the bow thruster would seem unnecessary - use a retractable azimuthal thruster, so that you also pick up some get-home capability. She has no uptakes yet, which are obviously needed.

What is the intended sonar fit?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Multi-Purpose Patrol VesselPosted: August 27th, 2011, 2:36 am
Ok, taking another look at the drawing and rereading the text that goes along with it, I'd suggest that you removed the harpoon launchers so you can get the hanger space to take the full H-60. If you pushed it you could add another 8-pack of VLS cells and stick the Harpoons in there.

Once that is done you can land the H-60, and in doing so show that the ship can support it.

You also need to start adding things like tie-down points, lights, lifeboats, life rings, and the many small details that make a ship finished.

[Profile] [Quote]
BlueEagle1
Post subject: Re: Multi-Purpose Patrol VesselPosted: September 16th, 2011, 4:35 am
Updated

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: Multi-Purpose Patrol VesselPosted: September 16th, 2011, 8:43 pm
Harpoon isn't a VLs capable missile (I wish it was), having VSROC, Mk32 TT and SH-60 seems excessive to me especially with a small bow mounted sonar and no VDS or supplementary underwater sensor. I don't see any intakes for the engines, partically required if gas turbine powered.
I do like the shape of her, vey sleek.
Also when you saved this ship could it been reduced in size, it looks like it is samller that SB scale, or it could be me.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Multi-Purpose Patrol VesselPosted: September 16th, 2011, 9:30 pm
Scifibug wrote:
Harpoon isn't a VLs capable missile (I wish it was), having VSROC, Mk32 TT and SH-60 seems excessive to me especially with a small bow mounted sonar and no VDS or supplementary underwater sensor. I don't see any intakes for the engines, partically required if gas turbine powered.
I do like the shape of her, vey sleek.
Also when you saved this ship could it been reduced in size, it looks like it is samller that SB scale, or it could be me.
VLS Harpoon was tested, but not procured. The canisters that would be needed for a VLS launch are simpler than those needed for a sub launch, which means that the modification would be trivial relative to the sub launched models. the Missile was never procured as about the time procurement would have started, the SM-2 took over as the primary anti-ship missile.

The Mk-141 mounts lived on obviously, but in a much reduced role.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to β€œBeginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: