Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
KHT
Post subject: Swedish Armoured Cruiser(Second SB-style drawing)Posted: November 26th, 2011, 10:22 am
So I bring you my second SB-style drawing! This time, it's a small armoured cruiser armed with two 8.27"/210mm guns in the main artillery, along with a secondary of four 6"/152mm guns(I credited these to Bezobrazov, as it was he who provided it for someone in the latters AU, and I don't know who else made it. If someone else has a claim to it, don't keep it to yourself! ;) ).
I think the overall beginning of this is much more succesful than my first drawing, but I still think there is room for improvement, but can't figure out something good for it! Mostly I feel the middle part is very empty, but what to put there?
Help? :)
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Swedish Armoured Cruiser(Second SB-style drawing)Posted: November 26th, 2011, 11:12 am
My inital thoughts are:
Too many portholes
Why the change in the level of portholes aft?
Where is the armoured belt?
Middle area looks ok, no need to over clutter the drawing.
Probanly would be wise to move the one set underwater torpedo tubes to aft as you've not got much space there for the forward gun magazines and the torpedo rooms forward.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Swedish Armoured Cruiser(Second SB-style drawing)Posted: November 26th, 2011, 2:17 pm
Methinks it looks more like a protected cruiser. Aside from what Hood has mentioned, I don't think that anchor is big enough enough for her. If you need them, here's a few WhyMe drew: http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic. ... ors#p33421

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Swedish Armoured Cruiser(Second SB-style drawing)Posted: November 26th, 2011, 2:48 pm
Raxar wrote:
Methinks it looks more like a protected cruiser. Aside from what Hood has mentioned, I don't think that anchor is big enough enough for her. If you need them, here's a few WhyMe drew: http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic. ... ors#p33421
First, what is the differance between protected cruisers and armoured cruisers lookwise? I have honestly no idea.
And those anchors will come to very good use... thanks for supplying them! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Swedish Armoured Cruiser(Second SB-style drawing)Posted: November 26th, 2011, 5:03 pm
The main difference is that armored cruisers have an armor belt along the sides to protect the internals. Protected cruisers don't have an armor belt, but have an armored deck protecting their insides.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Swedish Armoured Cruiser(Second SB-style drawing)Posted: November 26th, 2011, 8:38 pm
Raxar wrote:
The main difference is that armored cruisers have an armor belt along the sides to protect the internals. Protected cruisers don't have an armor belt, but have an armored deck protecting their insides.
So, does that mean adding an armour belt will suffice, or should I do something more to make it more AC-like?

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Swedish Armoured Cruiser(Second SB-style drawing)Posted: November 27th, 2011, 9:29 pm
Here's V. 1.2!
Hope you like it! :D
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Swedish Armoured Cruiser(Second SB-style drawing)Posted: November 28th, 2011, 12:07 am
You don't need to credit me for the anchor. Actually, you don't need to credit anyone for using their parts (guns, searchlights, flags, boats, propellers, etc.); that's why we have part sheets.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Swedish Armoured Cruiser(Second SB-style drawing)Posted: November 28th, 2011, 8:11 am
WhyMe wrote:
You don't need to credit me for the anchor. Actually, you don't need to credit anyone for using their parts (guns, searchlights, flags, boats, propellers, etc.); that's why we have part sheets.
Not all 'stolen' parts are from parts sheats, so yeah. I'd rather be safe than sorry, don't want any counter-comment with someone yelling about that I should credit. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Swedish Armoured Cruiser(Second SB-style drawing)Posted: November 28th, 2011, 8:55 am
You definately do not credit Why Me for using his anchor, as he explained.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: