Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Dilandu
Post subject: "Union"-class ocean monitor (Peruvian-Bolivian Confederacy)Posted: October 27th, 2011, 3:12 pm
Well, how about this for the monitor?
Attachment:
Peruvian monitor.png
For classification, this is a "transitional" ship from "classical" sea-capable monitors like "Dictator" to ocean ironclads like "Devastation". The ship has a armoured "parapet" in the central part, covering the base of the Ericcsonian turret and raising the location of guns. In the bow - unarmored superstructure, to improve sea-capability.

The ship is about 5500 tonnes, and armed with 2 280-mm rifle breech loaders.

Last edited by Dilandu on October 27th, 2011, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: "Union"-class ocean monitor (Peruvian-Bolivian ConfederaPosted: October 27th, 2011, 3:19 pm
Looking really great!

[Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: "Union"-class ocean monitor (Peruvian-Bolivian ConfederaPosted: October 27th, 2011, 3:24 pm
Thanks!

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: "Union"-class ocean monitor (Peruvian-Bolivian ConfederaPosted: October 27th, 2011, 3:48 pm
Where is the hull?

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: "Union"-class ocean monitor (Peruvian-Bolivian ConfederaPosted: October 27th, 2011, 4:02 pm
APDAF wrote:
Where is the hull?
Is this comment serieusly?

[Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: "Union"-class ocean monitor (Peruvian-Bolivian ConfederaPosted: October 27th, 2011, 4:04 pm
ALVAMA wrote:
I believe he means the underwater hull...

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: "Union"-class ocean monitor (Peruvian-Bolivian ConfederaPosted: October 27th, 2011, 4:04 pm
Very original, both in style and paintwork! For once, APDAF does have a valid point, though. When it comes to these special craft, it's beneficial to depict the entire hull. One way to do that is simply by having two drawings; one full-hull and one wl. Otherwise really a pleasant surprise. And his name was John Ericsson, i.e. w/o a 'k'!:D

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: "Union"-class ocean monitor (Peruvian-Bolivian ConfederaPosted: October 27th, 2011, 4:07 pm
barnest2 wrote:
ALVAMA wrote:
I believe he means the underwater hull...

I know but still....if he don't choise to draw it, it's a quite stupid remark to say it.....................................

[Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: "Union"-class ocean monitor (Peruvian-Bolivian ConfederaPosted: October 27th, 2011, 4:24 pm
Quote:
And his name was John Ericsson, i.e. w/o a 'k'!:D
Oh, i'm sorry! I didn't check the translation!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: "Union"-class ocean monitor (Peruvian-Bolivian ConfederaPosted: November 8th, 2011, 5:45 am
Same concept to the HMVS Cerberus, except the Union is a bit more US-monitor-ish. The Parapet could considered as Breastwork.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: