Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: River Cruiser template (Fictional & Noobish)Posted: May 21st, 2012, 6:14 am
Welcome!

The term "river cruiser" threw me off, I was expecting a mid-range riverine warship, but I really like this!
A suggestion, if this is a tour boat? I like the larger windows on the lower deck...perhaps considering going to a "glass bulkhead" on the main deck?

[Profile] [Quote]
Abisnail
Post subject: Re: River Cruiser template (Fictional & Noobish)Posted: May 21st, 2012, 8:57 am
Haha, thanks for the welcome.

I don't think your the only one expecting something different, I really should do some research on my ship types and classes in the future. I like the idea of a glass bulkhead, I'll probably change the Bow, reduce it a little probably add this all to a new design as I am quite fond of this one now.

Thanks

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: River Cruiser template (Fictional & Noobish)Posted: May 21st, 2012, 9:10 am
No problem. You're doing better than I did when I first got here, and I look forward to seeing more of your artwork.

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: River Cruiser template (Fictional & Noobish)Posted: May 21st, 2012, 5:05 pm
Abisnail wrote:
Anywho heres my latest edit:
[img]
A few points:
You're a bit too heavy on the shading; a single darker shade would be enough.
You need to figure out how to make text without anti-aliasing. Just search this forum; it was discussed numerous times here somewhere.
Stick to the standard template (one of these) and follow the directions written on them.

All in all I would suggest to draw a real ship first. And of course read the forum and study drawings from the archive.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: River Cruiser template (Fictional & Noobish)Posted: May 22nd, 2012, 6:43 am
Welcome aboard Abisnail. :)
Nice to see another person starting with some small ship, rather than mega-super-battleship or carrier.
Your drawing seems to have potential, and other Members have already given most important suggestiont that would allow to fully exploit it.
Have a good time here!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: