Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Vodianoi
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 15th, 2012, 9:23 pm
Ok, let me know. Meanwhile, the licitation it´s still open. I need a pair of good helis for my future DDG and FFG ´s

[Profile] [Quote]
travestytrav25
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 15th, 2012, 9:41 pm
The NH Industries NH90 NATO Frigate Helicopter (NFH) is a good, advanced helicopter that could do both duties.

Or, if you want to go with something a little cheaper, the Eurocopter AS565 Panther is a good platform for ASW/ASuW duties and it can do SAR duty too. It has more limited capabilities than the NH90, Lynx, or Seahawk, because of its size, but it's cheaper to purchase and operate, and it can fit on a smaller ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 15th, 2012, 10:39 pm
I agree with Travesty but you can also look into the Augusta Westland Wildcat, the new SH-60 Seahawk versions, and the Merlin

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
travestytrav25
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 15th, 2012, 10:52 pm
Yeah, there are a lot of good naval helicopter platforms out there. It's kind of hard to choose one. A lot of countries have to use economics as their first criteria, purchasing what they can afford. It's probably a good idea to be designing your DDGs and FFGs as you pick a helicopter so you can decide how big you want your helo deck and hangers. You also need to decide how many helos you want to carry, which will dictate to a small extent what helicopters you choose. For instance the Merlin is an awesome helicopter, but it'd be almost impossible to fit 2 of them on a frigate, 2 would be a tight fit even on a destroyer, and they may require more landing space than you want to dedicate to them. On the flip side, the smaller the helicopter you choose, the shorter its range and smaller its payload will be and the fewer weapons and sensors it can carry.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vodianoi
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 16th, 2012, 3:50 am
Don´t russian Kamovs... what´s wrong with them?

[Profile] [Quote]
travestytrav25
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 16th, 2012, 4:01 am
Nothing is wrong with Kamovs. They're decent helos, but they're a fairly old design and I don't know how much they've been updated over the years. Also, I'm not sure if they can use western equipment, sensors, and weapons.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vodianoi
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 16th, 2012, 5:55 am
[ img ]

Pa.Me. 1.01. ASW / ASuW / SAR

Patagonia Mechanical is the first national enterprise of naval / military manufactures. This is they first attempt to fill the bill of this licitation. What you think?

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 16th, 2012, 7:39 am
Honestly it appears as little more than generic at this scale. If you care about it enough you might want to try it in FD-scale too (please see that subforum for details). I can say it looks like it needs a bigger fenestron (that's the fancy word for that specific tail rotor setup) though.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vodianoi
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 16th, 2012, 7:43 pm
klagldsf wrote:
I can say it looks like it needs a bigger fenestron (that's the fancy word for that specific tail rotor setup) though.
Yes. I noted that. I fix it making smaller the body of the helicopter.
Finally, this is my first big ship. A FFG, named Kokeske for the ice & cold god of the patagonian mythology.
She goes with 2 Pa.Me. 1.02 helicopters. (ASW / ASuW & SAR). Russian and chinese weapons. Your opinions will help me a lot to make better the Kokeske class. I have to say that is very difficult for a newby like me go for a big ship like this.
So, here is she.
[ img ]

Last edited by Vodianoi on June 16th, 2012, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 16th, 2012, 8:08 pm
Those missiles are Taiwanese which would not really match with the Russian and I think in general you should go all Russian or all Chinese
though I may be wrong
the 57mm on the quarterdeck is a bit old of a design so you may think about not fitting that to a new war ship
Its a good start though especially for someone new
you didn't make too many if any of the mistakes the average new person makes that at least I can notice as I am essentially a newb as well

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 6  [ 52 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: