Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Dilandu
Post subject: Fallout Universe "Victory"-class battleshipPosted: July 8th, 2012, 11:56 am
[ img ]

This battleship was designed as a ship from the AU-Fallout universe (pre-war, of course!) as a backbone of the European Commonwealth navy in the 2052-2060 war with Middle East nations. The ship was designed to replace aircraft carriers as the main weapon of naval war.

Well, if you live in the world, where the gas prices is about $7450.99 per gallon, you will surely decide that the aircraft carriers and cruise missiles is not very economical, doesn't it? And if you live in the world, where you could build pistol-size laser, that could evaporate human body on one shot - You certainly can build a very effective anti-missile laser! ;)

Description:

"Victory"-сlass battleships were developed by the European Community as a new basic unit of the fleet, designed to be a cheaper equivalent to aircraft carriers. The global fuel crisis and a terrible rise in oil prices did not leave any other choice.

52000-tonnes nuclear-powered warship were armed with two triple-mounted 280-mm extra-long-range cannons. The gas-propelled guided shell could hit the target over the 250 km. Fire control were provided by the ship-based over-the-horizont radar, "Oracle"-class, and ship-based UAV drones.

The main defense systems of the "Victoria"-class battleship were the 8 "Sparkle"-class laser defense CIWS. Secondary amarment include the anti-air missiles and the ship-based "Mistral"-class IRBM, able to transport the nuclear warhead on the 1500 km range.

The first ship in the series of four, the "Victoria", were comissioned in 2052, shortly before the Resourses War started. In 2053, "Victoria" was the flagship of European Commonwealth Mediterranian Navy, leading the european invasion in Lybia and Egypt.

In 2054, after the start of limited nuclear exchange between European Commonwealth and Middle East Nations, "Victoria" participate in "intimidation" nuclear attacks on Cairo and Damascus.

In 18 june 2058, when the "Victoria" sail in East Mediterranian, she was sunk with all crew aborad by the two nuclear anti-ship mines, laid by the Egypt miget submarine C-858.

Last edited by Dilandu on July 8th, 2012, 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Fallout Universe "Victory"-class battleshipPosted: July 8th, 2012, 12:08 pm
Perhaps the particular conditions of this Universe would allow this, but I'd say that it's a very strange mix of elements from very different eras. I'm not talking about whole idea of gun battleship, as this could be understood as being a part of this AU's internal logic, but the radars and electronic equipment that look like if they were from 1940s to 1980s (I'm not an expert, though). Also, the front superstructure above the bridge looks like it is intended for a large phased-array radar and that tiny something You've got there apparently don't need so large wall to put it on.
Shape of the stern looks bit odd, put perhaps it's just me. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: Fallout Universe "Victory"-class battleshipPosted: July 8th, 2012, 12:10 pm
Quote:
Perhaps the particular conditions of this Universe would allow this, but I'd say that it's a very strange mix of elements from very different eras.
Colleague, the "Fallout" pre-war universe is a some sort of "future from 1950-th", with the nuclear cars and laser rifles, but without effective personal computers in 2050-th. :) The combination of phased array and parabolic antenna is quite possible in it!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Fallout Universe "Victory"-class battleshipPosted: July 8th, 2012, 12:25 pm
Ah, it's ok then. But I just dare to say, that IMHO the drones would look rather different in that case, as this particular one is very "personal computer"-era. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Fallout Universe "Victory"-class battleshipPosted: July 8th, 2012, 12:31 pm
The American Commonwealths still use aircraft carriers and jet fighters even in that hard time. Main problem here for me is that this ship ... don't look EU, he look US to the bone. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Fallout Universe "Victory"-class battleshipPosted: July 8th, 2012, 1:27 pm
don't know why but the pic won't show on my screen (tried with firefox and explorer, by clicking on the word "image" that is the only thing appearing, or making copy/paste of the link itself).

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: Fallout Universe "Victory"-class battleshipPosted: July 8th, 2012, 3:50 pm
Quote:
The American Commonwealths still use aircraft carriers and jet fighters even in that hard time. Main problem here for me is that this ship ... don't look EU, he look US to the bone. ;)
Well, the US Commonwealth have one of the last ammount of oil on Earth in 2050-2060. The US-China war started in 2066 because the last avaliable for the China oil supply were on Alaska - and USA didn't want to share it with anybody!

[Profile] [Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: Fallout Universe "Victory"-class battleshipPosted: July 8th, 2012, 3:52 pm
Quote:
don't know why but the pic won't show on my screen (tried with firefox and explorer, by clicking on the word "image" that is the only thing appearing, or making copy/paste of the link itself).
Hmm. Maybe some problem with my "Radical-photo" hosting?

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Fallout Universe "Victory"-class battleshipPosted: July 8th, 2012, 5:31 pm
Dilandu wrote:
Quote:
Hmm. Maybe some problem with my "Radical-photo" hosting?
could be, i have no visualization problems with imageshack/photobucket or dropbox-updated images (to say the first ones that comes to my mind)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: Fallout Universe "Victory"-class battleshipPosted: July 8th, 2012, 6:10 pm
Well, is the problem solved?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: