Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 17  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 717 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 10:15 pm
1) You could do that with the earth we already live on.
2) Ok. We already get the point that it's really huge.
3) Religion has always played a part in world history. Even if you 'annihilate' Islam and Judaism, there will still be people practicing it. You can't get rid of EVERYONE who practices that religion.
4) A lot of countries have been at war for many years.
5) What other powers are at work?
6) Don't tempt me ;) . I'll just destroy their Holy Temple with my steam powered missiles :lol: .
It sounds like you could just use the earth with everything you do already. You've made that much clear.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 10:22 pm
I will not critizise individual points, as you will probably just shrugg them of with some conveniently cryptical excuse. Some things in your AU can be critizised for any regular AU, but several are so inconcievable it's no point starting with the easier parts untill the "big bits" has been taken care of.
IMO, you should do this:
Chopp of a tenth of Brittania. Then chop of a quarter of the tenth. There, you should have a descent sized nation, that might even afford a dreadnought or two. Beginn there.
I will comment no further on the current setting.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 10:24 pm
KHT wrote:
I will not critizise individual points, as you will probably just shrugg them of with some conveniently cryptical excuse. Some things in your AU can be critizised for any regular AU, but several are so inconcievable it's no point starting with the easier parts untill the "big bits" has been taken care of.
IMO, you should do this:
Chopp of a tenth of Brittania. Then chop of a quarter of the tenth. There, you should have a descent sized nation, that might even afford a dreadnought or two. Beginn there.
I will comment no further on the current setting.
That's not a bad idea. Or even just start on the mainland of Britain, and work off of that.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 10:36 pm
1) No I cannot The Empire of Britannia is only one nation and I am also working on its peers.

2) Yes but the borders are always changing.

3) Good point.

4) Name a country that has been at war for nearly a 1000 years and is still exists.

5) Ruinous powers or Holy powers depending on which side you are on.

6) You would not last 15 seconds if you announce your intentions to anyone.

I do have a map of the world and even if I did do that I would still have a large-ish empire.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 10:39 pm
Have you listened to anything KHT, eswube, the whole rest of the forum and I have said? I think it's way too ambitious. Like I said, I was just like you, and had the same ambitions as you, but soon you will see that big isn't neccesarily better. If you want to see what I was like, go to the old archoive forum and look up Isle of Texas and IoT weapons and just look at it. Then compare it with the Republic of the US of Denton I am workning on now. You will see.

And concerning number 6, what if I was on the other side of the world on my small archipelago?

Last edited by ezgo394 on July 22nd, 2012, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 10:40 pm
What is the biggest warship your navy has?

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 10:42 pm
In the WW1 period?
[ img ]
And that's not even the navy's ship. That's my ship. The navy has much smaller ships, running at about 400-500 feet.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 10:47 pm
ezgo394 wrote:
Have you listened to anything KHT, eswube, the whole rest of the forum and I have said? I think it's way too ambitious. Like I said, I was just like you, and had the same ambitions as you, but soon you will see that big isn't neccesarily better.

And concerning number 6, what if I was on the other side of the world on my small archipelago?
No he hasn't. Check in his old threads and you'll note a striking pattern.
APDAF wrote:
The question shouldn't be "biggest". It should be "most cost effective". That's what a true navy is about.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 10:49 pm
KHT wrote:
ezgo394 wrote:
Have you listened to anything KHT, eswube, the whole rest of the forum and I have said? I think it's way too ambitious. Like I said, I was just like you, and had the same ambitions as you, but soon you will see that big isn't neccesarily better.

No he hasn't. Check in his old threads and you'll note a striking pattern.
APDAF wrote:
The question shouldn't be "biggest". It should be "most cost effective". That's what a true navy is about.
That's why this is MY ship, and the Denton Navy has smaller ships at 400-500 feet. As a small archipelago, anything larger than that would get stuck on the shallows. My ship is only limited to the main bay where Concord and Atlanta are.

You'll notice the same thing when I joined this forum 2 years ago. I was the same way. Now I try to be a little more 'conservative' and realistic.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Britannian AircraftPosted: July 24th, 2012, 4:25 pm
UPDATED:

Added VK-12 Thor and Mjölnir device.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 17  [ 165 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 717 »

Jump to: