Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: "Protector"-class Pacific Confederacy cruiserPosted: August 12th, 2012, 3:08 pm
Hmm, given that I first heard of Dropbox today - I really had no idea about it. Ok, maybe someone can explain to me - what better way to post the pictures now?

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: "Protector"-class Pacific Confederacy cruiserPosted: August 12th, 2012, 4:40 pm
Reguarding Dropbox: Try making a folder in Dropbox called "Public". The software will detect it and realize it's the public folder. (This used to work before they changed who gets access to the public folder, I don't know if it still works, but it's worth a try.) If this doesn't, I would go with Imageshack. (It's a big step down in terms of user-friendliness, but IMO is better than Photobucket.)
Reguarding the drawing: Looks good so far. I would add more boats, maybe rafts too, and remove some or all of the capstans on the bow (your ship has no need for them rigging-wise and for this time period electric motors could handle the anchors). Also, the crane arm looks a bit too modern for this ship. Stylewise is pretty good too, though tere are a few things. The superstructure should be a shade or 2 lighter than the hull, and the underwater hull appears to be a different shade than the prop shafts and rudder. No bilgekeel? ;) Also, I would change the light grey sections of the superstructure to match the rest of it, and there's also a lot of stray pixels that need fixing. (Railing at the bow, bottom of the underwater hull in the middle, stern at the waterline, above the crane, etc.)
She looks good so far, but looks a bit underdetailed.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: "Protector"-class Pacific Confederacy cruiserPosted: August 13th, 2012, 2:00 am
It seems promising, although the bridge seems a bit too advanced for the period. It combines different strong elements and ideas from different countries, but in a much earlier package.

[Profile] [Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: "Protector"-class Pacific Confederacy cruiserPosted: August 14th, 2012, 9:43 am
Quote:
Looks good so far.
Quote:
It seems promising
Thanks for the appreciation, colleagues!

Quote:
I would add more boats, maybe rafts too, and remove some or all of the capstans on the bow (your ship has no need for them rigging-wise and for this time period electric motors could handle the anchors).
Hm, i'll try that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: