Shipbucket.com

Official Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:15 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Black Swan Sloop of War
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:28 pm 

I did this a good six months ago but it's taken me a while to get around to uploading it. I drew this from the simple image in the official MoD report into the Black Swan 'Sloop of War' and hence there isn't much detail so for that I apologise. The idea was that the ship would be modular and so I have created various containerised modules (From left to right: ASuW, ASW, AAW, MCM, command facilities and extra accommodation) that can be stored either above deck or below the hanger in the mission bay. The Bofors 57mm was a personal addition as I thought such a ship should have a slightly more capable main gun than 30mm. Opinions?

And below is the original image:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:34 pm 

wasn't this ship drawn/uploaded somewhere on this forum before? I do not remember seeing the drawing, but I have seen the name coupled with an design like this before.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:37 pm 

I did upload it on the Warships 1 forum when I first completed it but I've only just got a Photobucket account, hence why I've not uploaded it until now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:45 pm 

This was already claimed by RP1 here.

"I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer - born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."-Neil Armstrong

Current Project: CVAN-65

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:45 am 

TimothyC wrote:
This was already claimed by RP1 here.
He hasn't poked his head in for a couple of months though (last visit back in September according to his profile page)... so I don't think it's unreasonable for the newbie to draw it. Worst (or is it best?) case we get two decent versions of the same ship...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:59 am 

Ace, I think the Black Swan you're referring too was a AU ship by Bombhead for the RN AU project, which oddly does look very similar and also simliar in concept, but he planned it as a 1980s ship!

The resizing make it hard to see all the details but overall its a good start. The bridge wings need work, the black line underneath and behind it should be grey as its a sloped surface.

I've seen more drawings which can be found at; http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15944.msg153934.html#msg153934

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:11 am 

no, what I had seen was RP1's 'claim' and the there linked data of the ship, as timothy linked above.