Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 19 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2141 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 4th, 2014, 11:23 pm
apdsmith wrote:
Experience: no; Talent: meh; Patience: heck yes! Just playing to my strengths, is all... ;)
patience, is an fortune.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 5th, 2014, 11:28 pm
Just to expand on a point Shippy made, I think you could probably argue that the WWII Kriegsmarine ultimately saw more use from the Deutschland class than the Bismarck class (not sure about where Scharnhorst and Admiral Hipper-classes fit in there, but they seem to be in between the two) - the heavier ships didn't seem to get results proportionate to the increased cost, possibly because, facing the Allies, they were always going to be so thoroughly outnumbered that the combat environment was essentially r-selecting the ships - and think of the number of Deutschland-class ships you could build for the cost of an H45...

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 5th, 2014, 11:33 pm
Few dozen at the least. The problem LordBladaime faces here is he's put all his eggs in one basket, that's why you don't see one megaship navies, as always weapons will be derived to destroy it and it's pretty much over from there

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 6th, 2014, 7:01 pm
I am not stopping at just designing ships check this out

http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... f=3&t=4964

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 7th, 2014, 1:58 am
Thanks for telling us in this thread that has nothing to do with that even though you made another thread about it which you linked to in this thread. That was super-useful and everything.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 11th, 2014, 8:47 am
Congratulations!
You have managed to place nearly every german turret & caliber on your ship.
Further you have taken so many parts from others without permission, it's far from awesome.
Finally your design rejects the laws of physics so clearly that reality can't even laugh about it.

Please do yourself and us a favor and place your creativity on more reliable projects at shipbucket.

This is not for abuse, this is my honest opinion. However, have a great day.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 11th, 2014, 3:00 pm
ok ill get back to redesigning the H-45 Km Führer. since I on a train going nowhere fast.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 11th, 2014, 3:08 pm
LordBladaime wrote:
ok ill get back to redesigning the H-45 Km Führer. since I on a train going nowhere fast.
Yeah, that's not going to help you much.

I'm going to again suggest that you start with something smaller, something that won't get laughed at for it's hilarious implausibility.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 11th, 2014, 3:28 pm
Will you please just give me a chance at proving my worth? Seriously! When I started this project I already knew it was going to be a challenge, but when I see a challenge I don't back down! I am going to finish what I started. Just give me a chance that is all I am asking.

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 11th, 2014, 4:03 pm
Not wanting to repeat to much something colo said a while back but the patients people have shown so far in this thread is astounding.

But I think you should heed the advice were not saying abandoned this project were just saying do a small ship and learn the basics then you can apply those lessons to this. Its easier for those better qualified and yourself to take on lessons and create something on a smaller design than to start on a monstrosity like this.

Most people on this forum who are offering you the advice stated of on something small eg a frigate or something. Learnt from that and took on something bigger. I myself began with a 140m amphibious ship before tackling a CVN and im still no expert. Id listen to TJ, Ace and so on......

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 19 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2141 »

Jump to: