Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 17 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1941 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 6:39 pm
of course you can use it.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 6:44 pm
Thank you so much ill do you a favor when its built ill make you rear admiral of her how does that sound? you in?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 7:55 pm
then you have to use the name my family had before WW2: Baron von Heuser. We lost it because we said no to them.... Nazis.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 8:48 pm
so H-45 KM Baron von Heuser?

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 4th, 2014, 7:51 pm
check out KM Fuhrer's sister ship

[ img ]

the name is KM god of terror.

this came straight from my imagination.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 4th, 2014, 7:53 pm
good news! you won't need an torpedo to let that ship look like this!
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 4th, 2014, 7:58 pm
not if I have reinforced expansion joints along with a triple keel.

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 4th, 2014, 8:01 pm
I told you not to remove that pin. .......:-) sorry couldnt resist.....

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 4th, 2014, 8:02 pm
that makes absolutely no sense.
expansion joints are meant to let an structure take not to much of the bending moment (= the main reason for stresses in the hull) by letting it bend on the joints instead of the metal.
reinforcing them makes them solid again, which in turn will break this ship apart due to too high bending moments.

the only way this ship could work in bending moment sense is making pontoons of it which are flexibly connected to each other, which will make the vessel unable too.... well, sustain firing those guns, for example.
the triple keel does also almost nothing for strength.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 4th, 2014, 8:14 pm
LordBladaime,

If I've got my count right, you're carrying at least ten different types of ammunition on that ship - that's a bit of a step back from the WWI-era uniform battery, no? That's assuming that the two different sorts of 149mm can take the same sort of ammunition - I suspect they can't but. Also, you've got heavy AA guns up front but I don't see any to the rear of the ship.

What exactly do you want this ship to do? At the moment, it's a bit incoherent...

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 17 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1941 »

Jump to: