Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: February 20th, 2014, 2:22 pm
you know, if you just follow the standard it will no longer be something that makes my eyes hurt every time I see it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Jurten
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: February 20th, 2014, 2:31 pm
klagldsf wrote:
I just want to point out that even though it has S-300 and Klub and all that stuff you think is cool this ship would still get totally owned by almost any USN warship currently in service.
On the contrary, she'd be very handy against most individual USN warships in many scenarios. The strike helicopters for one thing. She'd fall down against the US Navy as a whole though. And there would likely be only one of her type.

She's a flagship, a soft-power ship. Used like the Kirov class is being used for now, what countries can have when they can't afford aircraft carriers. Turns up at international regattas to show the flag. Has multiple other uses in low-level conflict situations; this one is better than the Kirov for that. If I were Iran I'd seriously consider building this. Similar to their space program - gain national prestige from launching monkeys into space. So what if its not a Soyuz or mars rover, its still impressive.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: February 20th, 2014, 2:32 pm
Ok, please try to do her at SB-scale. Since I have search a lot about Iran, I know about the Persian gulf depth and bottom layout.

[Profile] [Quote]
Jurten
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: February 20th, 2014, 2:47 pm
Everyone is saying it is not at proper scale - do you mean scale or some other standards or colours? I'm pretty sure its at scale. 2 pixels 1 foot? 15 cm? Of course some of the bits have been rescaled. But this is alternative universe stuff and if I bring to standard they wouldn't resemble anything actual built.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: February 20th, 2014, 2:54 pm
confusing to say, but shipbucket scale is more then just the scale, it is an set of standards.
for example, no double black lines, no pixelated lines or area's and the use of an standard railing and window colour.
it also defines the use of our parts, but I keep that separate because it is possible to make an shipbucket drawing without using any parts (about all sailing ships drawn, for example) but in your drawing that is not the case. many parts are still recognisable, although horribly deformed.
your drawing, as it is, thus is not in shipbucket standards, even if it is sized correctly.

[Profile] [Quote]
Jurten
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: February 20th, 2014, 3:22 pm
As a show of goodwill and in apologies for sore eyes and horrible deformities here's Bavar-2 for the parts bin. Is it enough to just post it and say - "free to take and use"? To the best of my knowledge the colour and size is accurate.

[ img ]

Last edited by Jurten on February 24th, 2014, 4:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: February 21st, 2014, 1:31 am
Past the crediting and style issues, it not a bad start at all. I like the Bavar-2 a lot its a nice cute little plane.

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: February 21st, 2014, 7:27 am
Agree with Trojan, your design is a good effort, but she would be much nicer in shipbucket standards.

[Profile] [Quote]
Jurten
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: February 25th, 2014, 7:08 am
Adding top view:

[ img ]

I tried to take the many suggestions made into account, thank you. Be assured shipbucket standardization is now recognized and kept in mind. Still bumping hull sizes around for displacement calculations so seems kind of pointless to be adding gradients at the moment. Note the window colors :P

SH-3 is rather large, the hangar had to grow. Shuffled weapons positions, radars still need reconciling with reality. There is containerization! (50?) - the crane may be replaced with an actual one, same for countermeasures. The crane isn't for containers its for lowering stuff over the side. As for missiles possibly the local-produced Hawk, but NB Iran have their own Crotale knockoff called Shahab Thaqeb. The 630-type CIWS: if buying Kilo submarines and trying forever to get S-300 missiles IRIN would probably go for Russian CIWS. The alternative is Oerlikons or Chinese. I would like 8000 tonnes of bunkerage, interesting to see if it will fit.

Last edited by Jurten on February 26th, 2014, 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: February 25th, 2014, 7:39 am
The top view is informative, but I have a question: The RHIBs are hang out like this?My opinion is to design a space into the superstructure to conceal them and avoid being swept by waves.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: