Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 8  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »
JSB
Post subject: Re: I'm newPosted: May 2nd, 2014, 12:10 am
If you don't mind me posting a cut a past WIP of what I was suggesting ;) .

You should try taking stuff of and see if it stops the ship doing its job (if it doesn't WHY is in on in the first place).

[ img ]

This ship is 1/2 (ish) the cost/size but what can it not do that the bigger one can ?

Thanks JSB

ps
-Yes the hull could be made smaller/shallower/narrower now as well.
- Still not fully stealth or unstealthed.
- yes I could have made it neater but its just to show my ideas.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: I'm newPosted: May 2nd, 2014, 12:16 am
1. to many radars. on a ship like this (if using US tech.) only need 4 Spy-1 faces (only to of them will be visual. and 1 2D radar (but that it's not needed at all.) Either you go for APAR or SPY-1. that big rotating radar you can delete and flush down the toilet. SPY-1 and also APAR is far superior than that old junk.
2. for a ship this size you only need 4 ciws.
3. either you go for the AGS guns or you are not. because you have now 4 different type of guns. where on of them is an non-existing gun. and the other one is an Soviet/Russian gun that will never see service on an US-ship, and it is modified in such way that it never will work.
4 shorten the hull by 100 meter. do it no question asked.
5. redesign your hull. for example that keel you have under you'r propeller is an nono on a ship like this.
6. you only need four anchor not eight!
7. Hedgehog is an WW2 weapon used on destroyers and cruisers. they would never be used on an battleship. and they have no effect today.
8. try to be realistic, and we will be more helpful.
9. do you even read advice...

I know this lines can sound a bit.... but when some one post and ridiculous drawing in an forum that only draw realistic ship, but also trying to draw AU ship and personal ship that can work in the real life. I get a bit grumpy, if the ship is totally .... well weird.

but if it's that type of vessel you are out after. try Nation-state, they love to draw an thousand guns ships!

[Profile] [Quote]
battleship lover
Post subject: Re: I'm newPosted: May 2nd, 2014, 3:49 am
okay heuhen. Sorry if I ticked you off a bit. I'm trying my best. I'll cut it by around 100- 150 meters. And I'll kill most of the ciws. The AGS that you say is non existent is correct. I just wanted to make a version that is bigger and has more range. Should I just stick with 2 or 3 calibers. If I make it 2 for example the large AGS I made and the mark 71 so I can have more space for the VLS missiles or should I have 3 calibers were I put the turrets in a Yamato style turret layout. And yes I do read the advice and do bit by bit and show it to you guys so you approve the parts I corrected :) any way thanks for the advice!

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: I'm newPosted: May 2nd, 2014, 10:08 am
Quote:
Should I just stick with 2 or 3 calibers. If I make it 2 for example the large AGS I made and the mark 71 so I can have more space for the VLS missiles or should I have 3 calibers were I put the turrets in a Yamato style turret layout
I would use 155mm(or your big version) and 57mm,
- they both come in stealth forms if you are building a new 2014 ship.
- 155mm(or your big version) can do NGFS and limited ant ship.(2 or 3 max, Nelson style turret layout ( to give clear stern for helicopters or go Yamato style)? But I would not bother superfiring B as no need for short range fire !)
- 57 can do CIWS/anti fast boat/police duties.(4 for full 360 with 2 on each bearing)

What more do you need ? (apart from a VLS, say 4 sets of 64 cell as it is a super BB ? :twisted: ).

Just use the radars from DDG -1000. and fit a helicopter/mission bay on the back ?

[ img ]

I would use gas turbines as power, just not sure that I would want a ship who's main job will be NGFS ie getting close to hostile shore, with a reactor in case it gets hit. (and I would probably go smaller cheaper still with 2 turrets but that's not a super BB so I will shut up ;) ).
JSB

ps have a look at DDG -1000 as you are basically making a bigger one.

[Profile] [Quote]
battleship lover
Post subject: Re: I'm newPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 6:07 am
Yah... um I don't really like the Bofors 57 mm stealth gun at all and when I mean I dont like it, I hate it. :evil: It angers me that you say such a stupid thing. :evil: I would try and take more time and try and develop a stealth phalanx gun (yes I made a stealth version on paper and puting it into digital). The Bofors makes my BB defenseless from not only missiles but planes too- the very enemy that killed its naval career. :evil: Its like shooting a bird going at 1000 miles per hour with a pellet gun. :evil: Also I personally think that the zumwalt is a horrible ship. I researched the ship and found out it cant go in stormy seas and is completely defenseless from aircraft and missiles.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: I'm newPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 6:44 am
The zumwalt have no problem in bad weather, it only handle the waves a bit different than a classic hull, but an hull from WW2 handle wave different than ship of today. I would say that Zumwalt will be an very stable platform of today. All those reachers you talking about is written by people with little to no knowledge on how a ship handle. I for example with the experience from the epic north sea her in Norway, have first hand experience on hove different hull handle.

the 57mm stealth is better than you think. It's an very fast around gun designed to take out all that you say it can. The advantage it have over the phalanx, is it's shells that explode close to an missiles and send out a Thousand of small metal balls, thus shatter the missile. That gun is used by many nation on naval ship: USA, Canada, Sweden, etc.

the phalanx is old it need new software, new sensors, and even then there is no guaranty it can take down today modern missiles. Like the Norwegian stealth missile NSM, the missile computer would just jam the phalanx sensor, and that's it. The 57 mm only need to know the general direction the missile is coming from and us an WW2 technique, and it is to create an large wall of led. Something it's good at.

navys today are using. 20mm, 35mm, 40mm (stealth), 57mm, 76mm 100mm, 127mm, 155mm (future)

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: I'm newPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 10:25 am
battleship lover wrote:
...that killed its naval career.

[Profile] [Quote]
battleship lover
Post subject: Re: I'm newPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 3:41 pm
heuhen wrote:
The zumwalt have no problem in bad weather, it only handle the waves a bit different than a classic hull, but an hull from WW2 handle wave different than ship of today. I would say that Zumwalt will be an very stable platform of today. All those reachers you talking about is written by people with little to no knowledge on how a ship handle. I for example with the experience from the epic north sea her in Norway, have first hand experience on hove different hull handle.

the 57mm stealth is better than you think. It's an very fast around gun designed to take out all that you say it can. The advantage it have over the phalanx, is it's shells that explode close to an missiles and send out a Thousand of small metal balls, thus shatter the missile. That gun is used by many nation on naval ship: USA, Canada, Sweden, etc.

The 57 mm only need to know the general direction the missile is coming from and us an WW2 technique, and it is to create an large wall of led. Something it's good at.
:ugeek: lets do some math here... the Bofors 57 mm mark 1 gun shoots 220 rounds per minute 220/60= 3.66 infinite
the phanax gun 4,500 rounds/minute 4500/60= 75
75> 3.6 :o
[ img ]
this is from the Bofors

[ img ]
this is ammunition that can go in the phalanx gun

and not only the phalanx shoots faster but with more power full ammunition
And obviously it only needs to know its general detection :lol: that's really funny man you should be a comedian. :ugeek: Lets get back to business. knowing the general direction means nothing. If I get a rifle(semi auto) blind fold my self put explosive ammunition and try and shoot at a duck at 1000 miles per hour do you really think I could hit it because you obviously know its general direction :lol: . Now think of this. Now I have a huge mini gun. not blind folded and start shooting at a duck goinng at 1000 miles per hour. who do you really think is going to hit a duck- mini gun or rilfe with explosive ammo..... THE MINI GUN :ugeek:

Now haven't you thought maybe the researcher you read about are incorrect. :shock: . Or maybe you could of researched and FOUND OUT THAT THE ZUMWALT HAS NO WHAT SO EVER ARMOR. :evil: . Never expect to shoot at some one with out being shot back and I mean never. :o .

[Profile] [Quote]
battleship lover
Post subject: Re: I'm newPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 4:00 pm
BTW you got your butt kicked by a 15 year old :shock: :o :? :shock: :o :shock: :o

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: I'm newPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 4:06 pm
15 years old, eh? That explains a lot... :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 8  [ 78 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »

Jump to: