Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What-if: Des Moines CA was reactivated instead of Iowa BPosted: July 7th, 2014, 6:57 pm
usna2k wrote:
Ok - here is revision 1 - I took to heart much of what has been mentioned as follows:

- I was not happy with the height of the flight deck, so I raised it several feet. Also extended the hangar itself a few feet since it seemed a bit cramped.
- Implemented the "three-wide" hangar and flight deck, now extends the full beam width
- Removed three more 5" mounts, leaving just the p/s forward mounts. Doing this allowed me to mount a third CIWS and add the much-needed small boats back aft.
- Added some more antennae for SATCOM/NTDS
- Reconfigured the ABLs - now there are three aft, firing over the beam, and four forward, two on each side.

Other minor fixes. I am much happier with this iteration.

[ img ]
I served on USS Newport News (CA-148) and was on her decommissioning crew. I'd loose the walkway around the #1 Turret and the rail around the walkway on the #2 http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y39 ... bdeb6b.jpg

Nice drawing, brings back memories . . .steaming up Oslo Fjord on a foggy fall morning at 6:00am imagining I was a Viking coming home.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: What-if: Des Moines CA was reactivated instead of Iowa BPosted: July 7th, 2014, 8:10 pm
David Latuch wrote:
. . .steaming up Oslo Fjord on a foggy fall morning at 6:00am imagining I was a Viking coming home.
What do you think I feel every day I wake up: "Oh I'm a Viking, a awesome Viking!"

BTW. when was it you traveled up Oslo fjord?

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: What-if: Des Moines CA was reactivated instead of Iowa BPosted: July 7th, 2014, 8:33 pm
heuhen wrote:
David Latuch wrote:
. . .steaming up Oslo Fjord on a foggy fall morning at 6:00am imagining I was a Viking coming home.
What do you think I feel every day I wake up: "Oh I'm a Viking, a awesome Viking!"

BTW. when was it you traveled up Oslo fjord?
Oct, 1973 for three days and Oct 1974 for three days. It was a marvelous city. I had to see the Viking Ships and Kon-Tiki, the Fram, and a lot more and drank a lot of beer of course.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: