Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
Paul Carl
Post subject: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 3:23 am
Due to the recent commitments by the Canadian Government to provide better protection of Canadians Arctic here is a AU proposed Battle Cruiser with Arctic Ice Class 1 capabilities

This is a hybrid of HMS Vanguard, US AGEIS Cruiser and Tribal Class Destroyers

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 3:29 am
Shading is very badly executed, I'm afraid. Such large (huge!) azimuth pods would not be feasable. Better with a shielded conventional propellershaft-system. There's also an odd mixture of antiquated and modern electronics. The 15" gun's first salvo would send the poorly placed RAM-launcher to Kingdom Come. The helipad right forward of the aft turret would also suffer from terrible blast damage which would render chopper ops impossible. Those are just a few thinngs to remark on sofar. I'm sure other people will remark on other stuff...

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 3:45 am
It's... well, for a first kitbash it's not so bad. It doesn't make a great deal of sense, but all of the required parts are there (some more than once). I'm about to turn in for the evening, so I'll let someone else go through the details.

Credits should also include the drawer of CSGN, at the very least. And your name as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 4:54 am
I smell .jpg-ness

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 4:58 am
Interesting, looks just a bit heavier than my Staadt Klasse--I wonder how they'd compare?

This is his thread, not yours - don't directly post your images in it. - erik_t

Damn, just realized all the parts I need to swap out for their newer versions on the parts sheets here--missiles, mounts, APAR, the works...

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 5:33 am
erik_t wrote:
It's... well, for a first kitbash it's not so bad.
Well, there's a very big, very concerning problem, in that it is a literal kitbash - look closely and you'll see very little effort, if at all, was made in actually integrating the various pieces together. Hull coloring reflects their original "donors," hatches and piping are cut-off, etc.

[Profile] [Quote]
Paul Carl
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 5:35 am
Here is my amended version. I appreciate all comments as I am new here

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 6:11 am
One of my concerns would be the effects of blast on those big phased array panels. The rear turret is far enough away (hopefully) not to have such bad effect, but I'd worry about the forward turret blast smashing the thing to bits when it fires. That is one reason I went with APAR; it could be located in a mast high enough up not to be bothered.

Incidently, why did you go with twin 15" when you could have just as easily went with quad 14" turrets? besides more guns, the 14" is a *much* more modern design, and also has a twin version if that is your taste.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Paul Carl
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 3:11 pm
Here is some more amendments.......... and yes the phase array may be an issue can they be successfully isolated. I included a smaller Pod arrangement and a stern ice knife.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 3:13 pm
please use the newest versions of the OTO 76, LCVP mk5 and .... why the hell do you have an replenishment mast?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: