Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 3:44 pm
[ img ][ img ][ img ]

Not even going to comment on the plausability or such of the ship itself, but Seriously, even in some wild-imagination kitbashings, the quality needs to be better. You cannot just take out parts of some ships, and place them together without even altering their colors. It looks like a news-paper collage that we used to do in school...not kitbashing. Once you've got the color's rigth, then we can start sorting out the rest of the bashing flaws, like missing parts and strange cuts in the main deck....

Moved to beginner's forum.

[Profile] [Quote]
Paul Carl
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 4:44 pm
Here is my last one with 8"gun

Last edited by Paul Carl on March 7th, 2011, 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 4:51 pm
have you even read the critics mentioned above? although it slowly get's better, it is still ...... -CENSORED :P -

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 5:26 pm
Also from now onwards, once you update your drawings, REMOVE the old attachemnts from the threads. That way we can keep better the quata not filling over.

Also pay attention to the feedback given ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 8:30 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
Not even going to comment on the plausability or such of the ship itself, but Seriously, even in some wild-imagination kitbashings, the quality needs to be better. You cannot just take out parts of some ships, and place them together without even altering their colors. It looks like a news-paper collage that we used to do in school...not kitbashing. Once you've got the color's rigth, then we can start sorting out the rest of the bashing flaws, like missing parts and strange cuts in the main deck....
Moved to beginner's forum.
And this is exactly why we have the Beginner's Forum in the first place.

Like I was telling Golly (over PM's, if he doesn't mind me mentioning this), I think I've more or less lost sight of the bigger picture here - and I think a lot of it was just from being so jaded over stuff like what Turkishnavalguy was making, especially after criticising Ashley's ship (probably because, largely thanks to the Beginner's Forum and people all across the board improving immensely, stuff like this now qualifies as the "worst" drawings on here and the margin of quality between the "best" and "worst" drawings has never been this close since I've been paying attention here). But then something like this comes along again and I learn to regain perspective.

The most important thing when drawing in Shipbucket style is to show some modicum of perfessionalism and respect - and what I mean by that specifically is to at least not only credit properly, but respect the drawings by not kitbashing like this. As in not even attempting to hide the fact that the only tools you used to make this drawing is the Select tool and Ctrl-c/v!

Gollevainen wrote:
Also from now onwards, once you update your drawings, REMOVE the old attachemnts from the threads. That way we can keep better the quata not filling over.
This is also why I still insist on using Photobucket, because it's still nice to be able to refer to previous drawings, for criticism/feedback and see how it's progressing, and also to catch blatant stuff like this.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 8:46 pm
worse than mine :?: :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Paul Carl
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 10:24 pm
I must say I am both appreciative but also hurt with the way this has been taken.this is my first attempt and I do not mean to offend anyone I will work on my next ship better and hope to be better.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 21st, 2011, 10:35 pm
This is why I think people should do a real ship as their first attempt, as it helps them learn stuff.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 12:30 am
klagldsf wrote:
This is why I think people should do a real ship as their first attempt, as it helps them learn stuff.
agree

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Canadian Navy Battle Cruiser HMCS NanavutPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 1:08 am
Paul Carl wrote:
I must say I am both appreciative but also hurt with the way this has been taken.this is my first attempt and I do not mean to offend anyone I will work on my next ship better and hope to be better.
Many people here have a way of being grumpy for the sake of being grumpy. My first work was far more offensive to the eyes than yours. I hope you stick around and progress in technique and ability.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: