Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
Napododidelyone
Post subject: SS Boundless, PassengerPosted: October 19th, 2018, 5:19 pm
SS Boundless, Passenger
A deeper foray of mine into understanding this community and shipbuilding style. Criticism is welcome and appreciated
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: SS Boundless, PassengerPosted: October 19th, 2018, 8:10 pm
I enclose your drawing with some more obvious issues which, IMHO should be fixed
[ img ]
As you see the placement of the ship in the template is outside of the accepted boundaries. Also the second credit line (artist's name) should be exactly under the first credit line. See all drawings in the archive for instant.
Some issues are with the drawing. One: under the funnel tere is a break in the deck line, which I think is due to some oversight.
Two: derricks are too massive, especially for a passenger ship. See the archive for similar ships (French El Mansour just pops up to me)
Three: on the deck houses you have various non continuous grey lines, not all of the same colour as well.
Four: life rings are some how look flawed.
I would also suggest you use the new portholes standard (3 by 3 pixels - smaller but neater)
Please refer to the site guidelines, concerning how to draw, place drawings in templates and use credits.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Napododidelyone
Post subject: Re: SS Boundless, PassengerPosted: October 26th, 2018, 10:19 pm
Here are some updates in accordance with your suggestions. Please feedback is appreciated
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: