Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 
Paul Carl
Post subject: Forward Fleet Repair Vessel AUPosted: March 16th, 2011, 5:12 am
This is a work in progress any advise would be greatly welcomed

Last edited by Paul Carl on March 22nd, 2011, 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Forward Fleet Repair Vessel AUPosted: March 16th, 2011, 7:39 am
uhm, the midships crane looks a bit on the large size, the one on the bow looks a bit small.
the stern will get very wet, so the 12.7 over there isn't an good idea. the route to the helideck is blocked from 4 sides (phalanx, bridge, replenishment mast on both sides)
overall, not a bad idea, but the ship looks just wrong and most things won't work very well. (also, those anchors are meant to be 'buried' in the bow, instead of sticking out like this.

[Profile] [Quote]
Paul Carl
Post subject: Re: Forward Fleet Repair Vessel AUPosted: March 17th, 2011, 3:47 am
here is a upgraded version still need to do railings and ensure shading is good...any suggestions

Last edited by Paul Carl on March 19th, 2011, 4:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Forward Fleet Repair Vessel AUPosted: March 17th, 2011, 4:03 am
The heli deck is pretty high up, and that will make you more top heavy as you park helos.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Paul Carl
Post subject: Re: Forward Fleet Repair Vessel AUPosted: March 17th, 2011, 4:09 am
i agree i am trying to figure out how to have a landing space with out compromising workshop space any idea. but about the royal navy fleet tender with pad ontop of forward superstructure

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Forward Fleet Repair Vessel AUPosted: March 17th, 2011, 4:22 am
Well you deleted your updated version..
What i think is put your heli pad right in the stern, behind the funnels.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Paul Carl
Post subject: Re: Forward Fleet Repair Vessel AUPosted: March 17th, 2011, 5:04 am
how is this

Last edited by Paul Carl on March 22nd, 2011, 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Forward Fleet Repair Vessel AUPosted: March 17th, 2011, 5:07 am
Uhh yeah. Kinda.
I'm not experienced with ship design so you will have to ask other members.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Forward Fleet Repair Vessel AUPosted: March 17th, 2011, 8:30 am
way too much draft, and if you want more deck space, just make the structure smaller! for this ship, I would choose an similar setup as for the dutch JSS, an small structure up front and an large work/helicopter area aft. btw, don't forget to colour the parts the correct colours (you now have 2 differently coloured cranes, and those are even coloured differently from the ship itself....

[Profile] [Quote]
Paul Carl
Post subject: Re: Forward Fleet Repair Vessel AUPosted: May 5th, 2011, 5:33 pm
I HAVE MOVED MY SHIPS TO PAUL CARL AU FLEET

Last bumped by Paul Carl on May 5th, 2011, 5:33 pm.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: