Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Ivan0E
Post subject: Burnyy class border guard ship (fictional)Posted: May 17th, 2019, 12:55 pm
My first ship, the fictional Burnyy class border guard ship. Specifications bellow:

Weapons
1x "Komar" SAM turret
1x AK-630M
Crew complement: 21
Length: 48.3m
Draught: 2.42m
Beam: 7.88m
Max speed: 30 knots
Endurance: 10 days
Range: 3500km
[ img ]

Last edited by Ivan0E on May 28th, 2019, 10:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: Burnyy class armed coastal patrol ship (fictional)Posted: May 18th, 2019, 11:42 am
could use some little touch-ups here and there, but otherwise pretty solid good job :)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Burnyy class armed coastal patrol ship (fictional)Posted: May 18th, 2019, 1:18 pm
Welcome to the Shipbucket.
I'm afraid I have to disagree with Armoured man's comment - it's not a "pretty solid good job". Not above the main deck (though hull looks fairly ok, but I guess that adding of bilge keel wouldn't hurt).
Reason for that is simple - apparently the superstructure has 3 levels, none of them higher than 150cm including thickness of the decks themselves. In fact the hatch below the bridge is just 120cm tall.
On a minor note: in Russian classification, the "small missile ships" (Малые ракетные корабли) were vessels armed with anti-ship missiles. And here there is just one small launcher of surface-to-air missiles for self-defence (and presence of such armament had no influence at all on the ship's classification in VMF). As a coast guard patrol vessel (as the hull colors suggest) it would be either PSKA or PSKR (border guard ship/cutter).
That said, I hope that You won't feel discouraged from trying to do more work in the future. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Ivan0E
Post subject: Re: Burnyy class armed coastal patrol ship (fictional)Posted: May 20th, 2019, 5:55 am
Thanks for the feedback, will keep it in mind for my other drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ivan0E
Post subject: Re: Burnyy class armed coastal patrol ship (fictional)Posted: May 23rd, 2019, 8:33 pm
update: removed the 2-level bridge and replaced it with a single taller one.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Burnyy class border guard ship (fictional)Posted: May 26th, 2019, 4:56 pm
Only that the lower deck of the superstructure is still too low for anyone (except children) to walk upright.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Burnyy class border guard ship (fictional)Posted: May 26th, 2019, 5:45 pm
Typically decks are about 15-18 pixels high in SB-scale.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Burnyy class border guard ship (fictional)Posted: May 26th, 2019, 6:41 pm
eswube wrote: *
Only that the lower deck of the superstructure is still too low for anyone (except children) to walk upright.
Maybe the crew are used to walking on all four :)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Burnyy class border guard ship (fictional)Posted: May 26th, 2019, 7:01 pm
Well actually........

On ships that are about this size or slightly smaller, decks in between the main deck levels are actually not uncommon. This allows for lower superstructures that are still high enough (more stability while having the correct lines of sight from the pilothouse), more space for engines under the superstructure or an higher double bottom for some tanks in part of the ship. space for equipment such as ventilation or cooling systems doesn't always need a full deck as well, so it is not impossible for a ship laid out like this. The only really impossible thing I see here is the fact that the door to enter the superstructure is that low, there is nothing wrong with a hatch that size but there should be an good entry somewhere else then :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Ivan0E
Post subject: Re: Burnyy class border guard ship (fictional)Posted: May 28th, 2019, 10:31 am
acelanceloet wrote: *
On ships that are about this size or slightly smaller, decks in between the main deck levels are actually not uncommon. This allows for lower superstructures that are still high enough (more stability while having the correct lines of sight from the pilothouse), more space for engines under the superstructure or an higher double bottom for some tanks in part of the ship. space for equipment such as ventilation or cooling systems doesn't always need a full deck as well, so it is not impossible for a ship laid out like this. The only really impossible thing I see here is the fact that the door to enter the superstructure is that low, there is nothing wrong with a hatch that size but there should be an good entry somewhere else then :P
Yeah, thats what I was thinking when I made the smaller deck. And thanks for the feedback, edited and added a door and railing on the full deck to make it accessible.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: