Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
Ultraking101
Post subject: [AU] Pacific Light Ground AttackerPosted: March 21st, 2020, 12:19 am
[ img ]
My first drawing using FD scale

A-13
Crew: 1
Length: 11.32 m
Wingspan: 11.12 m
Height: 3.35 m
Wing area: 32.06 m
Powerplant: 1 × Rolls-Royce RB.44 Tay turbojet engine

Armament
Guns: 2× 30 mm cannons with 120 rounds per gun
Rockets: 40 air-to-air rockets in retractable pack
Bombs: 1,000 kg of payload on four external hardpoints, including a variety of bombs, rockets or Drop tanks

History:
In the early 50s, while the world was recovering from World War II, the Mexican State developed the first transonic aircraft named the FA-137 and they had been spotted routinely to be flown in to official Pacific airspace. In response Boeing was tasked with the creation of a counter to the FA-137. 3 designs had been proposed, but only one had been made into a working prototype; that being the YA-13. In a desire to fast-track the process from testing to implementation, Boeing Chairman Clairmont L. Egtvedt was bribed by the official government to skip over "non-important tests" in order for production to begin quickly. Produced from 1953-1958 over 350 of the A-13s were produced with exports including: Republic of New England, Saudi Arabia, and the Australian Empire. Use of these fighter-bombers in the "Pacific intervention in Panama" allowed the Air Corp to destroy 32 imported MiG-15s as well as 46 armored vehicles in return for only 5 shot down out of the 50 total sent. By 1965 a majority had been taken out of front line duty with the more specialized A-15 coming into service. The last of the A-13s were officially taken out of service by 1982 were they had been used as trainers, however at least 5 have been spotted to be in use in the 1992 Irani Civil War.

- Occasionally the Random pop-ups of my Abyssinia or Hong Kong AUs

"The word Br*t?sh is a horrible term I never want to hear from you again, We do not tolerate that dehumanization".

Last edited by Ultraking101 on March 23rd, 2020, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: [AU] Pacific Light Ground AttackerPosted: March 21st, 2020, 10:39 pm
Please refer to Shipbucket help on how to post images.
It is good that you use imgur, but when posting an image copy the BBcode and not just the image link, if you want your image to appear here.
Oh, and BTW welcome aboard, and I think your little fighter is a nice one, a good 1950's jet fighter.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Ultraking101
Post subject: Re: [AU] Pacific Light Ground AttackerPosted: March 23rd, 2020, 12:14 am
Novice wrote: *
Please refer to Shipbucket help on how to post images.
It is good that you use imgur, but when posting an image copy the BBcode and not just the image link, if you want your image to appear here.
Oh, and BTW welcome aboard, and I think your little fighter is a nice one, a good 1950's jet fighter.
thanks for the help, skipped over the bbcode part earlier

- Occasionally the Random pop-ups of my Abyssinia or Hong Kong AUs

"The word Br*t?sh is a horrible term I never want to hear from you again, We do not tolerate that dehumanization".

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: