Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Risen Britannia
Post subject: KING HENRY CLASS (First post)Posted: March 29th, 2011, 8:33 am
[ img ]
I originally made this for my nation on NationStates (http://www.nationstates.net/nation=risen_britannia) and someone told me it may be a good idea to post it here. Also I will admit i dont know much about larger ships so these specifications may be a bit off.
--------------------------------
specifications:
Late WW2 technology
280.3 m long
36.8 m wide
Brown-Curtis geared steam turbines
speed of 28 knots
range of 5,471 nautical miles
armament:
4×2 15inch guns
6×2 9inch guns
6x1 8inch guns
34×2 4inch flack cannons
6x3 .50cal AA-guns
--------------------------------
So any comments or improvements?

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: KING HENRY CLASS (First post)Posted: March 29th, 2011, 10:28 am
Welcome on board!
There is a lot of work to do!

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: KING HENRY CLASS (First post)Posted: March 29th, 2011, 10:39 am
What era is it supposed to be from?
The hull shape isn't bad, though the bilge keel needs work.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Chris Roach
Post subject: Re: KING HENRY CLASS (First post)Posted: March 29th, 2011, 10:59 am
Not a bad start but not really shipbucket style yet. Suprisingly sane for a Nationstates design (eight 15" guns rather than three dozen 30" guns, a few dozen ICBMs and lasers...), though the secondary battery is a bit unusual (9" and 8" is really a bit much duplication - drop one or the other... also given the stated late WW2 era 5"-6" dual purpose guns are more likely than 8" or 9" low angle guns).

[Profile] [Quote]
Risen Britannia
Post subject: Re: KING HENRY CLASS (First post)Posted: March 29th, 2011, 2:30 pm
Chris Roach wrote:
Not a bad start but not really shipbucket style yet. Suprisingly sane for a Nationstates design (eight 15" guns rather than three dozen 30" guns, a few dozen ICBMs and lasers...), though the secondary battery is a bit unusual (9" and 8" is really a bit much duplication - drop one or the other... also given the stated late WW2 era 5"-6" dual purpose guns are more likely than 8" or 9" low angle guns).
What would "shipbucket style" be? As i have had a look around and there is quite a variety. I will also try and change my secondary weapons to what you suggested.
Thiel wrote:
What era is it supposed to be from?
The hull shape isn't bad, though the bilge keel needs work.
I was thinking around mid-late ww2, and i tried the keel but i couldn't get it the way i wanted so i left it like this.

I have also noticed that some people have made air and ground units, are these "free" to use if i wanted to make say an aircraft carrier?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: KING HENRY CLASS (First post)Posted: March 29th, 2011, 4:28 pm
Well, I recognize the propellers and hull shape from the Hood drawing available on Wikipedia... which is NOT part of Shipbucket and so therefore you are NOT allowed to use it in your drawings...

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: KING HENRY CLASS (First post)Posted: March 29th, 2011, 4:48 pm
Not to mention it appears to be used without creditation, which while not plagiarism is still frowned upon.

[Profile] [Quote]
Risen Britannia
Post subject: Re: KING HENRY CLASS (First post)Posted: March 29th, 2011, 9:36 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Not to mention it appears to be used without creditation, which while not plagiarism is still frowned upon.
Colosseum wrote:
Well, I recognize the propellers and hull shape from the Hood drawing available on Wikipedia... which is NOT part of Shipbucket and so therefore you are NOT allowed to use it in your drawings...
Firstly i am sorry for that. But i have reason. As i mentioned before this was for NationStates so wasn't built to accord to these rules. I then got a message saying
"Are you a member of Shipbucket? If not you should join. I saw your battlecruiser and noticed that you have great potential for drawing in that style. If you are already a member then this is all moot, but I thought I'd share it.
So thats when i loaded it to hear and then this issue came about

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: KING HENRY CLASS (First post)Posted: March 29th, 2011, 9:45 pm
Well, the first thing to do is to credit the original artist. His name should be available at Wikipedia.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: KING HENRY CLASS (First post)Posted: March 29th, 2011, 11:28 pm
Shipbucket style is definedhere.
There you will find the basics of drawing in Shipbucket style. I would also suggest browsimg through the archive of Real Designs and other stuff thee. Go through the forum posts to see what people say, and than correct your ship, post again anf wait for the criticism.
BTW wellcome aboard :)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: