Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
pMASTER
Post subject: Dingo 2: First steps towards an AUPosted: July 14th, 2020, 11:57 pm
Hey there!

You're not going to remember me (Mark a.k.a. @blackbuck might), but the lockdown reminded me of this forum. And with too much time on my hands, I thought about going back to work (hopefully in a more successful manner than the last time where I struggled with the rules).

My aim is to develop an entire AU country based on my home state of Bavaria. I was playing around a little, equipping "my" armed forces with existing models. My first entries are to be reskins of credited authors – to get started somewhere but also to develop a better feeling for the dos and don'ts.

This KMW Dingo 2 family is based on the fantastic work by the great @Ro-Po Max, I only recoloured it and applied a few changes here and there. (I think I saw newer blueprints than he did.) I also played around a little with the colours and the shading.

[ img ]

The command post variant is approximately 50% of my own work, as far as I'm aware none have drawn one before. It's based on an upgrade proposed by KMW and Leonardo to the Belgians. The ambulance-looking variant is a modification of Ro-Po Max's original work to resemble the so called Dingo 2 Notfallfahrzeug, an configuration built for the Austrians to handle contaminated patients. You could actually see it in action for the first time during the Covid-19 crisis.

A wee question pertaining to tiny alterations: I used an antenna shape that (if memory serves me right) I saw on a drawing by Little_bird. I want to give credit where credit is due, obviously. What should I do?

I'm looking forward to your comments.

Last edited by pMASTER on July 16th, 2020, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Dingo 2: First steps towards an AUPosted: July 15th, 2020, 10:18 am
Welcome back. Nice work, though I'd suggest putting it on standard template (that doesn't show that black contour with rounded edges and has shipbucket.com in bottom right corner). I don't think it would be necessary to credit Little_bird for merely using an antenna (unless it would be AWACS-sized antenna ;) ).

[Profile] [Quote]
pMASTER
Post subject: Re: Dingo 2: First steps towards an AUPosted: July 15th, 2020, 5:19 pm
Thank you!

[Profile] [Quote]
pMASTER
Post subject: Re: Dingo 2: First steps towards an AUPosted: July 16th, 2020, 3:09 pm
(Applied some fixes.)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: