Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 51 of 61  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page « 149 50 51 52 5361 »
tsd715
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: July 5th, 2016, 8:24 pm
adenandy wrote:
Very Germanic looking...
Yes, I must confess I'm quite the Teutophile. Being an American of German-Jewish and Latvin-Jewish descent I always had to explain my fascination with Germany to the older generations of my family who are still a bit Germanophobic. I can't blame them with the Holocaust happening much closer to them than it did to me, but I've still spent many an awkward Thanksgiving dinner explaining to my grandfather that you can still love Wagner's music without ascribing to his anti-Semitism and you can still be interested in German history without believing that Germans are superior beings. :P

Besides that, the Germans just had damn good looking uniforms!

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: July 8th, 2016, 2:52 am
Some small proposals for the redesign of German and Austrian Bundeswehr ceremonial and parade uniforms. These are intended to reconnect the modern militaries of these countries to their illustrious histories.
Austrian Bundeswehr
[ img ]
These are based on the WWI era dress uniforms of the Austro-Hungarian K.u.K Army. Left is ceremonial/walking-out, right is parade.

German Bundeswehr
[ img ]
These are based on the mid-19th century and WWI era dress uniforms of Prussia and the German Empire. Left is ceremonial/walking-out, right is parade.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cplnew83
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: July 8th, 2016, 8:19 am
tsd715 wrote:
Austrian Bundeswehr
Austrian army is the Bundesheer not bundeswehr.

Worklist, FD scale submarines and ships :
- Project 971 "Akula" (80%)
- Project 705 "Alpha" (10%)
- Project 371 (70%)
- Project 1459 (30%)
- Projekt 151 Sassnitz (To be redone)

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: July 9th, 2016, 2:00 am
Oh, you're right. Sorry about that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Andrzej1
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: July 15th, 2016, 8:37 pm
[ img ][/URL]
Here's the WIP sheet on russian uniform in years prior to the Crimean War of 1853-1855.
Top row: Preobrazhenian Guards, Jaeger Guards, Grenadier Guards, Palace Grenadiers, Pavlovsky Guards, Line Grenadiers, Line infantry
Second row: The Rifles, Grenadiers of the Caucasus separate Army Corps, Line infantry of the Caucasus separate Army Corps, "Plastun" companies of the Caucasus Army Corps
Third row: "Military Order" cuirassier regiment, Line Cuirassiers, Horse Guards, His Majesty's guards cuirassier regiment, Her Majesty's guards cuirassier regiment, Guards Dragoons, Guards Horse Grenadiers, Guards Lancers
Fourth row: Line dragoons, Line Lancers, Line Hussars

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: July 16th, 2016, 12:11 am
Very nice Andrzej, well done old chap :)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: July 16th, 2016, 12:56 pm
Good work. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Andrzej1
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: July 20th, 2016, 5:36 am
Thank you both Adenandy and Eswube! And here's the final version:
[ img ]
Third row: added Guards Hussars
Fourth row: Guards Atamansky regiment, Guards cossacks, Guards Crimean Tatar squadron, Guards Caucasian squadron
Fifth row: added Don cossacks, Ural cossacks, Black Sea cossacks.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: July 21st, 2016, 6:45 pm
Excellent!

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: July 22nd, 2016, 9:42 pm
I've already posted one proposal for new US Army uniforms, but after much thought, revision, rethought, and re-revision, I've come up with a more comprehensive, aesthetically pleasing, and plausible proposal. The inspiration for the different uniforms comes from various eras of US Army uniforms.
The ceremonial uniforms are similar to the current US Army ceremonial uniforms, with the addition of a standing collar, a gold waist sash, a shako, gold metal epaulettes, white trousers for the parade uniform, and new overcoats. The white trousers and shako are inspired by the West Point parade uniform, and the gold metal epaulettes are inspired by American Civil War era parade uniforms. The insignia worn on the shakos are two crossed rifles. The new overcoats are inspired by Civil War and Post Civil War era frock coats.
The service uniforms are inspired by WWII era American uniforms, modernized for the 21st century. I have also tried to cut down on the number of medals, pins, rank markings, and other flashy, unnecessary, and overdone paraphernalia that is worn with the current ASU. The plumed hats that are worn with the more formal versions of the ASU Cl. A uniforms are inspired by the hats worn by some Civil War era infantry units such as the famous Wisconsin Iron Brigade. The insignia on these are two crossed rifles.

[ img ]
First line: Army Ceremonial and Parade Uniform (ACePU)
Second line: Army Service Uniform Class A (ASU Cl. A)
Third line: Army Service Uniform Class B (ASU Cl. B)
Fourth line: first four uniforms - Army Service Uniform Class C (ASU Cl. C); last three uniforms - Army Combat Uniform (ACU)

*All uniforms shown are for non-commissioned officers. The differences between the ranks are practically only reflected in the rank markings, with a few other minor changes.
*The medals shown are completely random combinations of colors. They're pretty generic colors though, so chances are they resemble some real medal or another, but that was not my intention.
*Credit to Glorfindel for the combat uniforms (I only added different boots and a belt), for the winter jacket of the ASU Cl. B and C (I only recolored), for the rain overcoats of the ACePU and ASU Cl. A (I only recolored), and for the plumed hats (I only recolored the plumes).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 51 of 61  [ 603 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 149 50 51 52 5361 »

Jump to: