Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
duc_ttm
Post subject: Re: Cockpitbucket - Golden ratio of cockpit, cartoon style cockpitPosted: June 17th, 2021, 10:33 am
Hi,
Thank for your comment, I will change the color soon. But now, please imagine that you are viewing a night light cockpit :-).
Anyway I have "turned on" the radar scope on F-15C to be ... brighter.
And here comes the Su-27B cockpit:

[ img ]

Please enjoy and give me some points of view.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Cockpitbucket - Golden ratio of cockpit, cartoon style cockpitPosted: June 19th, 2021, 12:00 am
It's all nice, but are You sure there are no other colors there than just various shades of grey? No control lights, no red marks on the gauges etc? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Eeo
Post subject: Re: Cockpitbucket - Golden ratio of cockpit, cartoon style cockpitPosted: June 21st, 2021, 3:59 pm
Pretty sure the Su-27 FLANKER cockpit is blue.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
pMASTER
Post subject: Re: Cockpitbucket - Golden ratio of cockpit, cartoon style cockpitPosted: June 22nd, 2021, 3:17 pm
Nice work, @duc_ttm!

[Profile] [Quote]
duc_ttm
Post subject: Re: Cockpitbucket - Golden ratio of cockpit, cartoon style cockpitPosted: August 28th, 2021, 7:43 am
Sorry for long time without return, and thank much for comments.

For the color, sorry for that, I will thinking about it, but for the original idea removing the different between Western style and Eastern style, please let me keep the grayscale like those :-).

But, it was really upset for me at that small scale so that I have tried to enlarge as 1.5 time. And at that, I can make the digit in analog gauges more visible.

MiG-23K
[ img ]

F-14B
[ img ]

F-16C
[ img ]

Last edited by duc_ttm on September 17th, 2021, 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Cockpitbucket - Golden ratio of cockpit, cartoon style cockpitPosted: September 3rd, 2021, 7:32 pm
Hi!
Sorry for late reply - I'll concentrate on MiG-23K - You have ANY sources for this, or that's just a guesswork? Of course, 23K is a never-were (but perhaps they made a mock-up of a cockpit or something, and some materials were published), but generally on 23 pilot sat much deeper than on Your drawing, there was (even for planned 23K) fairly thick framing of the windscreen and canopy, and last but not least, "normal" 23 had no standard radar screen - it was projected on the gunsight.

[Profile] [Quote]
duc_ttm
Post subject: Re: Cockpitbucket - Golden ratio of cockpit, cartoon style cockpitPosted: September 4th, 2021, 2:56 pm
Yes, you are right, it is just somewhat a What If plane in its era, or imagining that the canopy is opening...
I have no any clue about the carrier born MiG23, I have just mixed from photos below, and some parts picked from MiG-29 :-D:

USAF Museum 's one
[ img ]

MiG-23-98 prototype
[ img ]

MicroProse Dogfight 80 Years of Aerial Warefare
[ img ]

I have thought that the scope there is the same as the one fitted on MiG-21PF.
I also have provided some minor fix on each cockpits, please have a review.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Cockpitbucket - Golden ratio of cockpit, cartoon style cockpitPosted: September 4th, 2021, 3:25 pm
Ah! That would kinda explain it. The one in USAF Museum is MiG-23MS, which indeed has a radar scope. Point is, that it was early downgraded export version for 3rd World countries (Libya, Syria, Egypt, Algeria) that used radar and weapons system from MiG-21S/SM (RP-22SM radar and R-3/R-13 missiles - copies of AIM-9), instead of "proper" Sapfir-23 radar and R-23 missiles.
(also the earliest MiG-23S, which were the first production variant of 23, had RP-22 and normal scope, but they were fitted with them due to delays with development of Sapfir-23 radar)

Cockpit of "full-capability" MiG-23's looked like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-G ... lution.jpg

MiG-23K was planned 1970s carrier-borne variant with more bubble-like canopy and if built, it would probably used the "advanced" weapon system with Sapfir-23 (or something more custom-tailored), instead of outdated RP-22.

As for F-14 and F-16 - they look nice (although side panels are lacking, fuselage sides on F-14 look low and there's canopy frame missing ;) ), but of course lack of colors complicate perception a little bit.

[Profile] [Quote]
duc_ttm
Post subject: Re: Cockpitbucket - Golden ratio of cockpit, cartoon style cockpitPosted: September 9th, 2021, 12:03 am
Thank you for very useful information, I have not really known about that. I wonder why the Soviet/Russian preferred to project radar on HUD. When data-link with AWACS, it would become more and more crowded and complicated on HUD, wouldn’t it…

Last edited by duc_ttm on September 11th, 2021, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
duc_ttm
Post subject: Re: Cockpitbucket - Golden ratio of cockpit, cartoon style cockpitPosted: September 11th, 2021, 2:19 am
The next is the legendary F-15E Strike Enagle. Still no color, I will sketch all the types before finding some proper palette to fill colors.

[ img ]

And its Eastern rival, Su-30 (mixed with 35 prototype), featured with a unique side MFD.

[ img ]

And if a Rafale fitted with analog gauges, it would become like this :-). Two side sticks made it look nearly like spaceship's.
Very appreciate if anyone tell me how the center display works. Some sources said that it is holographic.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: