Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
Gloky Koozdr
Post subject: Shipbucket-style drawings "refining" attemptPosted: June 21st, 2011, 7:57 am
Hi all :D

Here is the result of my "refining shipbucket drawings" experiment. I used the drawing of italian battlecruiser project (by Enrr) as a based and modified it using only a 1-pix. "pencil"-tool (without photoshop brushes, or smth).

On the picture below, the original picture is atop, and the result of experiment is under it.

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket-style drawings "refining" attemptPosted: June 21st, 2011, 8:03 am
Thank you Gloky; and it is interesting to see the same drawing in what is not Shipbucket standard; and it demonstrates (if such was necessary) why the mandatory style for the Forum archive is Shipbucket standard. :)

[Profile]
Gloky Koozdr
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket-style drawings "refining" attemptPosted: June 21st, 2011, 8:08 am
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
and it demonstrates (if such was necessary) why the mandatory style for the Forum archive is Shipbucket standard. :)
So, what is wrong with the "experimental" drawing, in your opinion?

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket-style drawings "refining" attemptPosted: June 21st, 2011, 8:16 am
There is nothing wrong with your experimental drawing, that was not my point; and it isn't an issue of opinion either; we are simply a Forum for drawing ships in the Shipbucket standard style, and your experiment is not in that style - hence posting it under Non-Shipbucket Drawings. The difficulty with the style you've used is that it doesn't provide good close up detail, which is why we have our own style.

I'm not assuming that you're suggesting we adopt this style you've demonstrated; but if you want to do some work in the Shipbucket standard style you'll be most welcome aboard. :)

[Profile]
Gloky Koozdr
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket-style drawings "refining" attemptPosted: June 21st, 2011, 8:46 am
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
that you're suggesting we adopt this style you've demonstrated
No no no, suggesting noway wasn't my point. :oops: I just wanted to show my work in non-shipbucket thread. I called the topic "refining" becouse something has always bothered me in SB-style (but i realy like the project and collect SB drawings on HD). I decided that this "something" - is "sawtoothy" edges and paths and tried to do smth with this. :?
Not sure that the result better than pure-SB, but its surely "another"

[Profile]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket-style drawings "refining" attemptPosted: June 21st, 2011, 8:48 am
Sorry to say but WTF.
This totally shows that we can convert our drawings to those !00% shaded drawings that other guy made for wikipedia.

It comes out good aswell. But we have a Standart to work with...

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket-style drawings "refining" attemptPosted: June 21st, 2011, 9:02 am
Can you do one of my drawing? like my Viribus Unitis?
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... Unitis.png
or Benbow?
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... nderer.png

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile]
Gloky Koozdr
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket-style drawings "refining" attemptPosted: June 21st, 2011, 9:08 am
darthpanda wrote:
Benbow?
I'll try with pleasure (victorian era is my favorite) :)

[Profile]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket-style drawings "refining" attemptPosted: June 21st, 2011, 9:25 am
I like your style and looking forward for your drawing!

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile]
a__k__
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket-style drawings "refining" attemptPosted: June 21st, 2011, 9:27 am
Sometimes it seems to me like a Battle between two different Styles.

The experimental Drawing looks a little like it has no Outlines.

But my Opinion is the Drawing looks more Pretty as the Shipbucket Style Version.

You can do Outlines in a darker Gray or you can do Outlines the have graduations like i made often or of course you can do non Outlines.
You can do all these Point per Point with 1 Pixel to 1 Pixel and with Microsoft Paint.
All of these Outlines have in common that there are not wanted as Shipbucket Styles that I've learned in here.

Last edited by a__k__ on June 21st, 2011, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: