Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 17 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1942 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 31st, 2015, 4:12 pm
I'm not sure it's reasonable placing the mag release on your bullpup rifle ahead of the trigger - it requires too many linkages to drop the mag. I know that video games make it seem like bullpups can be speed reloaded like that but it's just not true. The mag release on the L85 is above the magazine well and on the Tavor/TAR-21 and F2000 it's directly in front of the mag well.

Also I don't think it's necessary to have an "ejection port selector". This would be something the operator would configure before using the rifle (likely using tools while the rifle is stripped). There's no need for the ejection side to be changeable during a firefight (unless a left handed guy picks up a right hand configured rifle... but if that's the case then you have more to worry about what side the casings are being ejected on...)

The odd reverse curve on the pistol grip seems unnecessary and uncomfortable.

Otherwise it looks pretty good!

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 31st, 2015, 4:27 pm
AFAIK an ejection port selector is used on the Beretta ARX-160, which is not a bullpup rifle.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hand_Grenade
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: October 31st, 2015, 10:17 pm
Updated with the necessary edits (I think). I opted for an L85-ish mag release, and changed the pistol grip to a AR-style setup so the user can easily change it.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: November 1st, 2015, 4:50 pm
[ img ]

Here is one of the main pattens of service rifle of Britannian army with bayonet attached.
Not much to say other than it's a Lee-actioned bolt gun.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: November 6th, 2015, 2:16 pm
Here is a design which I originally made in Pimp My Gun some time ago, now rendered in Gunbucket:
[ img ]
[ img ]
The Gunbucket version is different from the original one as I was constrained by the available parts in Pimp My Gun. The fact that Pimp My Gun has not been updated since 2011 is one of the reasons why I started a Gunbucket parts sheet.

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: November 6th, 2015, 5:56 pm
Good work APDAF and Judah14! I've to say this bayonet seems to be the most lethal one seen in SB so far ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: November 7th, 2015, 8:39 pm
nice work ;-)
And even Pimpmygun recived it's last upgrade 2011 it's still a good source together with some original pics...
I use it too and that works pretty well ;-9

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: November 9th, 2015, 4:10 am
Now with the M203 grenade launcher:
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hand_Grenade
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: November 21st, 2015, 11:24 am
Completed Gauss Rifle:

[ img ]

I want to add some more detail to the lower receiver, and I don't know if I'm happy with where the safety is. Also debating changing the capacitor color.

Updated: Moved the safety to above the trigger, recolored the capacitor, and changed the capacitor mount.

Last edited by Hand_Grenade on November 29th, 2015, 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: November 21st, 2015, 12:42 pm
Nice work!
I think the capacitor must be in a low-viz color such as matte black, dark earth or OD green (preferably the same as the rest of the rifle), as that blue color would attract too much attention.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 17 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1942 »

Jump to: