Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 842 »
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: May 15th, 2012, 11:53 am
Satirius wrote:
klagldsf wrote:
What's interesting is that it appears to be a bolt-action single-shot musket. Pretty much all the weapons I know of that fit that description were recent-design recreational hunting weapons.
It's actually a misnomer--in fact it's little more than a gigantic Gewehr 71/Gras rifle. The "musket" designation is an in-character holdover from the previous iterations of the weapon, which date back to the mid-1400s.

IRL reference
That gentlemen, is a true gun ;)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: May 15th, 2012, 12:15 pm
Nah, this is a real mans gun.
[ img ]
Yes, that is an actual gun and no it hasn't been scaled.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: May 15th, 2012, 2:02 pm
The Barrett .50cal of the 1800's! :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: May 15th, 2012, 5:11 pm
Thiel wrote:

Looks like a punt gun. Frankly amongst some of the most idiotic weapons ever devised and arguably one of the first examples of Tacti-cool.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: May 15th, 2012, 8:12 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Thiel wrote:

Looks like a punt gun. Frankly amongst some of the most idiotic weapons ever devised and arguably one of the first examples of Tacti-cool.
Well, they were actually quite effective at what they were designed for, ie killing water fowl on an industrial scale.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: May 15th, 2012, 9:58 pm
Thiel wrote:
Well, they were actually quite effective at what they were designed for, ie killing water fowl on an industrial scale.
Which in turn is mind-bafflingly stupid unless there was some actual industrial purpose for it (which I have not been able to find). From what I can gather it was a bunch of guys who were of the "hurr durr I can kill moarz" mindset - and if that isn't tacti-cool I clearly don't know what is.

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: May 15th, 2012, 10:01 pm
klagldsf wrote:
actual industrial purpose for it
chinese restaurants

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: May 15th, 2012, 10:49 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Which in turn is mind-bafflingly stupid unless there was some actual industrial purpose for it (which I have not been able to find). From what I can gather it was a bunch of guys who were of the "hurr durr I can kill moarz" mindset - and if that isn't tacti-cool I clearly don't know what is.
It allowed one man to down an entire flock of birds in one shot. In the age before repeating shotguns this significantly increased the amount of money the hunter could make.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: May 16th, 2012, 2:45 am
*shrugs* fair enough

[Profile] [Quote]
Alice the terrible
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket Scale, Fake DesignPosted: June 9th, 2012, 6:05 pm
[ img ]

This is for my AU country (Republic of Vietnam) on a forum based strategy game called Grand Conquest.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 42  [ 414 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 842 »

Jump to: